Dry Idea Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • While Dry Idea comes in several different scents, I prefer the unscented variety
  • It only makes females snicker and other men avoid you like a plague

• by John Roper

I have to admit it. On rare occasions I don’t always smell my best. In fact, my wife has been known to actually turn away from me and even bury her face in a pillow when I am particularly odoriferous. I tell myself she must just be overcome by so much manly scent emanating from my pores, but to be sensitive to her delicate nature I frequently opt for some deodorant.

Dry Idea has been my default antiperspirant and deodorant for several years now, although my first encounter with it left me

somewhat baffled. I mean, the ball on the top that you roll under your armpit is wet! How is this supposed to keep you dry? The secret is in the active ingredient: aluminum zirconium pentachlorohydrex GLY (Try saying that five times fast).

What amazed me the most about the product was that despite how wet it went on it kept me drier than any other antiperspirant I had ever used except one. That other one was so powerful that it sucked the moisture from my pits for 24 hours, which wouldn’t have ...

• been so bad if it hadn’t hurt so much. I haven’t seen that “desert inducer” for several years now, so I’m sure it was removed from the market because others probably reacted to it like I did.

While Dry Idea comes in several different scents, I prefer the unscented variety. Oh, in a pinch I can roll on some of the “fresh powder scent” if it’s my only option, but what guy in his right mind wants to smell like a girl? It only makes females snicker and other men avoid you

like a plague.

I use other deodorants and antiperspirants for certain situations, often because I want to either avoid any chance of leakage from the Dry Idea bottle when I travel, or because the shape of the product may not fit in what I’m carrying. But when it comes down to a deodorant I use on a daily basis at home, I imagine I’ll stick to Dry Idea for years to come. It has proven time and time again to be a great way to keep my wife’s face out of that pillow.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126101307820631/k2311a1026/10.26.10