Aquafina Hydrating Lip Balm 0.07 OZ/2 g  » Cosmetics  »
  • But since I bought it already, I’m stuck with using it from time to time
  • I believe that almond oil has superior moisturizing properties, which is one of the reasons I would still hoot for this Aquafina lip balm
  • I have to agree that it has excellent moisturizing properties

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

After the company’s phenomenal success with bottled water, Aquafina is utilizing the halo effect of marketing to rub off on their new offering—the Aquafina Hydrating Lip Balm. And in case you didn’t know, Aquafina is a Pepsi company, although I don’t know if this is reason enough for you to buy this lip balm.

One thing really going for the Aquafina lip balm is that it’s really minty. Honestly, of all the lip balms I have ever tried, this one has the strongest mint content and it really lasts.

What’s so funny is that Aquafina is not even promoting this product feature on its lip balm. The company would rather say, “our

unique moisture replenishing system, combined with a botanically enriched formula of jojoba and almond oils, delivers maximum hydration and shine.”

Unfortunately, it was the mint content that overwhelmed me when I put this lip balm on my lips for the first time. As I soon discovered, this lip balm is better off being used by girls, because it does give a shine, which is of course, disgusting for a guy like myself.

But since I bought it already, I’m stuck with using it from time to time. I don’t think there is any return policy on an already opened tube of lip balm. Since I won’t be using this product frequently enough ...

• for its intended use, I just thought maybe it would make a nice substitute for a facial moisturizer.

Well folks, don’t try this at home. The skin between my nostrils turned a bit red, and I just had to live with that cool mint sensation for several minutes, making even my eyes water slightly. I would have wiped it all off with say, a paper towel or tissue, but oh well, I just wanted to see if it would work as a moisturizer, right?

Of course, I wouldn’t do that again. What I find remarkable, though, is that this lip balm does not only have jojoba oil, it’s also enriched with my

favorite, almond oil. I must admit, I didn’t notice this until I read the label.

I believe that almond oil has superior moisturizing properties, which is one of the reasons I would still hoot for this Aquafina lip balm. To tell you the truth, its stick size reminds me of a luxury cigarette like More, or other.

For mint-loving ladies, this lip balm should work. I have to agree that it has excellent moisturizing properties. But honestly, I’m better off sticking to my Lypsyl lip balm for now, because I don’t need that extra shine on my lips!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3125101307551231/k2311a1025/10.25.10