Kenstar Mixer Grinder
2.5
  • Using the mixer is quite convenient, but I would advise to remove the blade when washing the jars, because the screw below the blade is becoming rusty if some water remains there for a while
  • Now, after less than a year of use, I have noticed some small cracks on the plastic of the mixer, and they're getting more visible
  • This mixer is definitely not meant for heavy load and long use
  • Although there are no significant malfunctions, I think the problems with this mixer have started much too early, irrespective of me following all the instructions and mindful, careful use

• by marsvar
      The Kenstar mixer-grinder MG-0120 has 2 metal jars and 1 plastic one. Each is meant for a different purpose and has a different blade inside. The bigger metal jar is for dry/wet grinding, the plastic jar - for liquidizing/blending, and the small metal one - for chutney making.

Power of motor is 500W. The lids of jars are comfortable to use - just put on and press.

No need to fix any

clips which may get broken by a frequent use. Only need to keep the lid pressed while using the mixer, so that it doesn’t open because of vibration.

Using the mixer is quite convenient, but I would advise to remove the blade when washing the jars, because the screw below the blade is becoming rusty if some water remains there for a while. After using the mixer just for a month or ...

• so it’s reset button got jammed and had to be replaced.

Luckily, there were no problems at the service center, and it got done within minutes for free. Now, after less than a year of use, I have noticed some small cracks on the plastic of the mixer, and they’re getting more visible.

They’re located around one spot, so probably the motor is touching there, but haven’t checked at the service center

what causes that. This mixer is definitely not meant for heavy load and long use.

The jars heat up very fast, and if load is too heavy (even less than mentioned in user manual), the mixer stops and needs to be reset. Although there are no significant malfunctions, I think the problems with this mixer have started much too early, irrespective of me following all the instructions and mindful, careful use.

I would advise everyone to think twice before buying this product.

swapna says :

my jar get strucked… blades are not rotating…. engine is fine… jar is not working

Galega says :

Jammed stuck mixie mixer grinder blade is a common problem and it happens when the seal in the bearing of the blender mixer blades leaks and salty water from the food from seeps into the bearing of the mixie blades. If you have necessary tools at your home, then you can do it on your own.

If your Kenstar Mixer is under warranty, then it will be prudent to take it to the service center. It is a common problem which can be solved easily.

Prabha says :

Hello, I had bought a Kenstar Mixie, Model No MG 960387 6 months back. I brought it to US with me. However, there is some problem in that now. I live in New Jersey. Could you please let me know some Kenstar Mixie Service Center near New Jersey or New York. Please reply ASAP Thanks

John says :

According to Kenstar’s website, there aren’t any in the area. I would suggest contacting them by phone to have it serviced.

Galega says :

Prabha, you are from India. First, thing you need to do is to check the voltage input requirement. As you might know, there is difference between India and USA as far as standard voltage input is concerned. If you had bought it from India for use in India, then you may need to buy an adapter for 110 V.

praveena says :

last 20 days back i bought kenstar mixer grinder from india with 110v american system.while i was preparing dough it suddenly got strucked the problem is with the mixer so can your dealers could help me if so please inform me where do they stay at U.S.A dallas .i already sent u a mail regarding this problem but still i didnt receive any mail from u .hope u do this favour as soon as possible

Jules Li says :

I would suggest contacting Kenstar’s customer service within the United States. The number is 18004194040. They don’t have any service centers listed in that immediate area. By contacting customer service, they should be able to guide you through getting it repaired.

Gopal Rao says :

Two months back I bought this mixer grinder and now the when I put on the sparking is visible inside the motor I cantacted the dealer and complain this but he refused to replace the motor and said that he will send the motor to the company to get repaired. For just two months it has to get repaired means if I keep this mixer how many times I have to send this for repair. So please can any one suggest me how to solve this problem or can I go to customer care center to register a complaint.

Jules Li says :

If you want to have it repaired, the only way to do so is to have it sent in. If you try to replace the motor yourself, it’s likely that the warranty would be voided. You can contact Kenstar customer care directly to submit a complaint. The number is 1800 419 40 40. However, it’s unlikely that they would be able to do anything differently.

Galega says :

Your grinder was under warranty, and as per terms and conditions, it can only be repaired. You should again send it to the service center and make them know about repetitive problems. If they will find that the motor can’t be repaired, then they will change it.

Jegadheesan says :

I bought kenster mixer grinder from india with 110v american system. It worked few days. Now RED button not stayed inside. Due to this mixer stopped within 2 seconds. Please let me know how to fix this problem.

Galega says :

Obviously, the machine has gone faulty. There isn’t any internal technical issue. The problem lies with the Red Button. You need to get it repaired. Don’t do it on your own. Visit any service center of Kenstar near your location and they will help you out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162502130730428/k2311a0225/2.25.07