Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier  » Housewares  »
  • I found a good dehumidifier at Walmart for $175.71
  • I would recommend this dehumidifier for anyone who has a damp space in their house
  • I hope that I never have to worry about the flooding again, but if I do have further flooding, I know the fastest way to get the left over dampness out of the basement

• by Dawn

I needed a dehumidifier for my basement because it is extremely damp down there. I need to keep the water out so that the musty smell doesn’t overtake the house. I found a good dehumidifier at Walmart for $175.71. It was a Frigidaire Dehumidifier so I was confident that it would be a good one. Frigidaire products have been around for a very long time and their products are always good.

I set up the dehumidifier as soon as I got home so that I could start getting the dampness out of the basement. It was extremely damp and the basement had flooded when we got a big rain and the sump pump wasn’t working. I put the dehumidifier in the basement and turned it on. I checked it every few

hours to see if the water was filling up. It was indeed filling up and I had to empty it several times to keep it from overflowing. It took several hours of running the dehumidifier to get the basement dampness down to a minimum. After everything was dried out, it seemed to be just fine. The dehumidifier now only runs occasionally to get most of the dampness out of the basement. I only have to empty it about once a week now. It has helped to get rid of the musty smell that occurred after the flooding and it has been fine ever since. I love this dehumidifier.

I would recommend this dehumidifier for anyone who has a damp space in their house. Dampness smells bad and it can create mold ...

• in your home. That is the last thing that you want to happen in your home because that is a health risk. The odor is all but gone now and we feel better about going into the basement to do what needs to be done there. I am still a little leery of putting a room down in the basement as I had intended to do, but as long as we have no further problems with flooding or dampness due to the sump pump working and the dehumidifier being down in the basement, I may just get that room down there this year. We will just have to wait and see.

The dehumidifier is a great addition to our home because it keeps things less damp and promotes a healthier atmosphere

for me and for my grandchildren who are often here. I would purchase this product again because it did exactly what I needed it to do. I needed it to clean the wetness up and it did so without any problems. I just had to make sure that I kept a close eye on it until it got most of the original dampness out of the basement. Once that was done, it was ready to go as the dehumidifier works hard to keep any new dampness out. Basements are always going to have dampness to some extent. I hope that I never have to worry about the flooding again, but if I do have further flooding, I know the fastest way to get the left over dampness out of the basement.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325101306891031/k2311a1025/10.25.10