ThermaCare HeatWraps, Knee & Elbow, 12 Hour  » Health  »
  • I didn't really want to try this ThermaCare HeatWrap product that I bought, or let my son try it anyway, because I'd previously had a bad experience with a patch like this burning my skin, and when I went to remove it, it stuck so much that I practically ripped skin off just getting it off and I didn't want my teenage son to go through that, especially considering he has hair on his arms and legs much more than I ever would, and that would be a killer
  • That's how I know it's an actually injury and not just him wanting attention
  • He was able to put one on the next morning and wear it all day long again until that night, and it soothed the problem, and his leg was better the following day without even a twinge of pain, he said
  • I was happy with these wraps and didn't mind spending the money for them because you don't find many that are twelve hour relief
  • I would consider buying these again, should we have another sports related injury to the knees or elbows because it's a perfect fit

• by Anasuya

I didn’t really want to try this ThermaCare HeatWrap product that I bought, or let my son try it anyway, because I’d previously had a bad experience with a patch like this burning my skin, and when I went to remove it, it stuck so much that I practically ripped skin off just getting it off and I didn’t want my teenage son to go through that, especially considering he has hair on his arms and legs much more than I ever would, and that would be a killer.

My son is an active kid and was outside skateboarding with a couple of his friends when he went to jump something and pulled a muscle in his knee. I could tell it was seriously hurting him because he was limping for hours but trying

to hide it. That’s how I know it’s an actually injury and not just him wanting attention.

The bought the knee and elbow heat wraps, because it just seemed to have a shape more beneficial for sticking over the knee, over those perfectly rectangular ones which don’t seem to stick all that well over curved surfaces. I know you’re supposed to use these wraps for over the top of the knee or elbow, but that’s just because of its shape, not because it can’t be used anywhere else. The only places you’re not supposed to use this is behind the knee or the bend of the elbow, I guess because crimping it like that might make it hotter. Not entirely sure.

It’s nice to see a heat patch that actually works for the body ...

• part you need it to stick to. This has a little hole or opening, and that’s what’s placed over the kneecap or elbow, once you peel the paper from the adhesive tabs of the wrap. So the whole thing isn’t completely sticky unlike some other wraps and patchs. Just the tabs are the sticky part, and so this is especially good for men or boys with harry legs. I was just cringing thinking about him pulling off one of those other wraps, but we weren’t worried about it at all with these.

They are supposed to last 12 hours, and he says that it came pretty close. We put it on him about 2:00 in the afternoon and he took it off right before bed at 11:00 pm, and said it was actually still

giving off the hot and cold feelings, but you’re not supposed to sleep with these on the skin so we had to remove it even though it was still working. He was able to put one on the next morning and wear it all day long again until that night, and it soothed the problem, and his leg was better the following day without even a twinge of pain, he said. I was happy with these wraps and didn’t mind spending the money for them because you don’t find many that are twelve hour relief.

At most you’ll find something that’s an 8 hour product, so this is a first for me. I would consider buying these again, should we have another sports related injury to the knees or elbows because it’s a perfect fit.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424101306450331/k2311a1024/10.24.10