Vicks Nyquil Alcohol-Free Cold & Flu Nighttime Relief, Soothing Berry  » Medicine  »
  • If it were sugar free than I think they'd have it with this product because it also works really well

• by Anasuya

Getting an alcohol free product is important to me because there’s nothing I hate more than feeling like I’m feeding my kids a bunch of drugs that are totally unhealthy for their bodies. Sure my kids might be a little older these days, but that doesn’t mean I still want them getting drunk on cough medicine, which you practically can if you aren’t careful, and with the whole “my friends are doing it” scenarios we parents are so familir with, you just can’t take any chances.

So there’s no alcohol in it, but it’s also still a nighttime flu relief. As an adult who can take whatever medications I deem appropriate for myself, I’ve always liked Nyquil because it makes me fall asleep and helps keep me asleep throughout the night

instead of having to be awake dealing with the coughing and headache and sore throat nonsense, but I was worried that without the alcohol in this product that it wouldn’t help you sleep at night and that shouldn’t have been a concern, because this works just as well, though maybe not as obviously as the alcohol version works.

It’s been a while since I’ve used Nyquil myself but the one thing I always remembered about it is how it makes me pucker up my lips after I’ve taken it because it’s really strong and nasty tasting. As an adult, I can say it reminds me of apple pucker and cinnamon schnopps mixed together. Blah. It’s just disgusting to think about. But this soothing berry flavor was much more understated than it’s ...

• previous brethren and I’m thinking that might have a lot to do with the fact that it’s non-alcohol. If it were sugar free than I think they’d have it with this product because it also works really well.

My youngest son had a cough and a fever, and he was adament about still going to school the next day no matter how bad he felt, and I’m fully aware how strange it is that a child would want to go to school, but that’s my kids for you. I wanted to make sure he was as good to go as possible, though I’d still have kept him home whether he liked it or not, but I wanted his suffering to be to a minimum if I could manage it.

His coughing,

which had been so constant since it started two days prior, was finally quieting down, after about a half an hour of taking this medication. He still cringed a little taking it, but I think the taste is much improved. And he was able to drift right off to sleep, and this is much more subtle than the non-alcohol free version as well where you feel like dropping where you sit or stand because it hits you so strong.

This one works very well, very quickly, but without making you feel like you can’t help but crash any second. And when he woke in the morning, he had no fever, and the cough was still at a minimum.

This is one of my favorite nighttime cold and flu medications to give my kids.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624101306420331/k2311a1024/10.24.10