DiamondJacks Casino & Resort Bossier City  » Casino  »
711 DiamondJacks Blvd, Bossier City, Louisiana 71111
  • It was always an enjoyable experience because the pool seldom got crowded

• by vistapoint

At Bossier City, DiamondJacks was my first choice to stay for a business visit but my second visit was not exciting as my previous one. For the region and considering its size, the rates were very decent. But what annoyed me was the smoke drenched look and corner of the casino and its passways. The reception staff was not exceptional as the check in took more than ten minutes for both of my visits.

The favorite thing at this hotel for me is their swimming pool which is a vast one. However the shape of the pool is nothing extra ordinary. It was

always an enjoyable experience because the pool seldom got crowded.

But in the settings and facilities in the suite room, the things are average only. Especially the bath room accessories were old looking and shower had a leak. The bed linen was stainless and I liked the blankets here.

The buffet at DiamondJacks is named as Legends buffet but in quality I was not satisfied with. The dishes were mediocre fair and even when the casino was crowded, the buffet counter was almost deserted. I just gave it a try in my first visit and was not happy about.

The food did not ...

• taste fresh and Asian dishes were few. Desert section was also at same situation and not very tasty either. The five dollar blackjack tables were available in the pit.

And number of tables open was enough for the crowd. I did not have to wait to get a seat here. But one thing that distracts here was that table games section was not well demarcated from some of the slot arrays and this affects the games.

When I am playing serious table betting, I do not want to hear and see slot reels clearly. There was good convenience in driving in to this

casino building. The parking and security were all great.

The free parking was enough and comfortably placed. So there was no need to opt for valet parking any time. And there was also a health club offered here.

Even though it was not a super luxurious one, it served the purpose well with basic facilities. The slot machines of DiamondJacks will surely count to thousand and there were enough of penny slots for their modern games. Some machines were old but most of them were well maintained and cleaned to sparkling shine.

I did win money in their slots and my feeling is that the machines are not very tight here.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4824101306380331/k2311a1024/10.24.10