John’s Wellness Cough Drops Menthol 30 pcs
  • I thought I bought a defective product, one that will never do the job I need it for
  • And when I say last I mean even if you leave these drops with their candy wraps on in your bag, I guarantee that when you smell your bag you will catch that strong menthol smell rather quickly
  • I specifically recommend the menthol flavor if you come across John’s Wellness Cough Drops in the supermarket aisle

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I can’t live without cough drops. I just need to have them handy when my throat becomes dry or irritated. There’s nothing like having cough drops around when I need to suppress a cough, whether it’s a serious, persistent one, or just something caused by excessive talking.

When I first picked a pack of John’s Wellness Cough Drops in the supermarket aisle, I didn’t even give it any thought. After paying for it, it was when I realized that I didn’t get the Halls brand.

Call it deceptive advertising. This product looks so identical to the packaging of Halls cough drops that I myself became a victim. I thought I bought a defective product, one that will never do the job

I need it for. I was wrong!

As I soon discovered, John’s Wellness Cough Drops are way better than their Halls counterpart. These cough drops are really strong, and they really last. And when I say last I mean even if you leave these drops with their candy wraps on in your bag, I guarantee that when you smell your bag you will catch that strong menthol smell rather quickly.

I do! Of course, I make sure that the resealable packaging works for me by ensuring that it’s sealed at all times, but there are times when you just can’t help it. The packaging does help to lock in the menthol strength of these small but terrible cough drops, but don’t count human ...

• error or forgetfulness out of the equation just yet.

I specifically recommend the menthol flavor if you come across John’s Wellness Cough Drops in the supermarket aisle. That’s if you really prefer your cough drops strong like I do. I have to warn you, though, these very reliable drops are meant to be a cough suppressant, or an oral analgesic.

Do not, like myself, make it a habit to take it like a substitute for candy or gum as in while practicing safe breath. A cough drop, like John’s Wellness, is as the product label declares, for relieving sore throat, suppressing coughs, and soothing the nasal passages.

John’s Wellness Cough Drops are made in the United States. And no wonder I could smell

the strength of the medication, it has 6.5 mg menthol content. Inactive ingredients are glucose syrup, eucalyptus oil, sucrose and water soybean oil. Of course, never, never try these cough drops if you happen to be allergic or have a bad reaction to any of these ingredients.

Better safe than never. I have to admit, these cough drops are so succulent that I have been tempted many times to chew on one like it were a regular candy. Luckily, my co-workers are the first to stop me when I commit this act, but what about when their backs are turned? I’ll leave that for you to figure out!

Janet Patel says :

re : I specifically recommend the menthol flavor if you come across John’s Wellness Cough Drops in the supermarket aisle
    Why does it say "No sugar added" "Honey Lemon"?

Jennifer Davis says :

Hi, the “No sugar added” phrase means that there has been no added sweeteners other than what is naturally found in the ingredients. “Honey lemon” are the natural ingredients that help to relieve throat swelling and kill bacteria.

Grasshopper says :

Got these in the dollar store, loaded with artificial sweeteners and artificial flavors. Likely traces of asbestos — ate one bag — hope i dont die early because I did lol

Richie Mogwai replies :

Be careful next time, you only should take cough drops if there is irritation, sore throat, etc. Cough drops are medicated, unlike ordinary candy

dianne levac hotmail.com says :

re : And when I say last I mean even if you leave these drops with their candy wraps on in your bag, I guarantee that when you smell your bag you will catch that strong menthol smell rather quickly
    I just love them ,,daily it’s my treat great

Lily Dye says :

Allo, I want to know who much calories for the Pastilles contre la toux miel citron sans sucre ajout , 20 lozenges-pastilles

Merci de me r pondre, j’entreprends une di te du printemps

Sandra says :

Hi I just read your commetns on the cough drops…I did the same thing by bying them thinking it was another brand…but I love them. One question, I noticed that on the packaging there isn’t any reference to the caloric ount or any nutritional information. Were you able ot find any of that information out?

Galega says :

One cough drop of John’s Wellness Cough contains 15 Calories.

Richie Mogwai adds :

Thanks, Galega, I just bought a new pack two days ago, because I have been coughing again a lot due to the winter here in Montr al, and after a few days, my throat is feeling a lot batter. These cough drops really work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424101306320331/k2311a1024/10.24.10