Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mint 750 mL
  • If I may, it definitely lasts longer than other mouthwashes out there in the market, like Listerine or Lavoris
  • I believe it has to do with the very strong mint flavor of Scope Outlast

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

To me, Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mint is the king of all mouthwashes. It really works and just as the ad says, it lasts for up to five times longer than brushing alone. If I may, it definitely lasts longer than other mouthwashes out there in the market, like Listerine or Lavoris.

I find Scope Outlast more concentrated. Hence, I would use less of it to gargle than if say, I was using Lavoris mouthwash. And it’s not only the quantity of the mouthwash that lasts longer than the others of its kind. The fresh breath definitely lasts much longer compared to say, Listerine, like double.

I believe it has to do with the very strong mint flavor of Scope Outlast. It takes getting used to, as a matter of

fact. When I first tried it I was almost shocked, the mint component was just too powerful. But I suspect, the alcohol content is probably double as well.

Scope Outlast claims to use a “ground-breaking outlast technology that binds tightly to select receptors in the mouth, creating a cool, refreshing sensation that lasts longer.”

It’s great to gargle Scope Outlast when you’re going to the bar, or that special occasion when you want to impress people with safe breath, such as an important date, or even a wedding. If I were you, I wouldn’t use it everyday, since its very strong, and you don’t need an ultra strong mouthwash every day of your life.

But don’t ever think that it will make a good substitute for brushing your teeth, I will be ...

• the first to tell you that it’s not. Do that only when you’re absolutely pressed for time.

Another thing is that don’t expect Scope Outlast to cover you even after you have eaten so much spicy stuff on a given day. What I mean is that, just because you had a good rinse in the morning doesn’t mean that you can keep the fresh breath even after munching tons of spicy tacos, or anything loaded with garlic and onions!

I do, however, believe that rinsing with Scope Outlast once in the morning and once before going to bed at night, does put bad breath to a manageable level. When combined with good brushing habits, your teeth and gums should be free from biofilm. Don’t buy into that Listerine TV commercial which implies

that only this brand of mouthwash is effective against biofilm.

In fact, I have long given up on Listerine, although I must admit, it was indeed my family’s preferred mouthwash when I was growing up. But I can’t even imagine ever going back to it, and certainly not now that I’ve tried Scope Outlast.

The only thing on my mouthwash wish list is that Scope Outlast be rid of alcohol content once and for all, yet still do its extended magic. Or maybe I’m asking for the moon since it really does take lots of alcohol content to bring a mouthwash to a real strong level. I can only hope that Ryan Seacrest is reading!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424101306270331/k2311a1024/10.24.10