Lavoris Moutwash with Zantrate 16 FL OZ/473 ml
  • For a fraction of the cost of Listerine or Scope, you get a liquid fighter that kills your morning breath
  • I often buy the mint flavored Lavoris as I love anything minty
  • Hence, imagine my surprise when I bought this mouthwash one day and I saw in a banner on the label that it has been around for over 100 years
  • One thing I do know for sure, though, is that Lavoris does fight morning breath more than any other mouthwash I know, even the pricier counterparts
  • I believe this is the time when my mouth, teeth, and gums need protection the most

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

Lavoris is what I would call a poor man’s mouthwash. For a fraction of the cost of Listerine or Scope, you get a liquid fighter that kills your morning breath. It doesn’t mean, however, that it is not as effective, or even better than the leading two.

I often buy the mint flavored Lavoris as I love anything minty. If you’re used to Scope and all of a sudden you downgrade to Lavoris like myself, your mouth or tongue will immediately feel the difference. It’s like the powerful minty taste suddenly disappeared, and all of a sudden you are gargling with something like flavored water!

And when this happens, it doesn’t mean that Lavoris is any less powerful, it’s only that Scope’s mint taste is truly powerful, if not overpowering. Some might even think it’s just too much, and anything taken beyond moderation should be bad, and who knows, might even lead to

cancer?

So this is one main reason why I switch from Scope to Lavoris from time to time, apart from the budgetary reason. Also, there are times when I don’t really need an overpowering mouthwash, let’s say I’m sure I’ll be home all day so I don’t really need to impress someone with having a flawless breath.

The fact is, Lavoris or Scope, the use of alcohol is inescapable. There was a time when I avoided alcohol-based or alcohol-containing mouthwashes like Listerine. I had been told that alcohol, just like any drink with it, can dry the mouth. And so instead of the mouthwash doing what it’s supposed to do, you end up instead with a dry mouth which subsequently is more attractive to germs and bacteria.

As I grew older though I became less discriminating, plus I also realized that the effect of alcohol can be overcome by putting on a good lip balm,

• or drinking lots of water during the day. The latter has the overall effect of hydrating the body, as way of compensating for the dry mouth.

But honestly, I never heard of Lavoris mouthwash until recently. Hence, imagine my surprise when I bought this mouthwash one day and I saw in a banner on the label that it has been around for over 100 years!

Another thing that bothers me is what is the chemical known as zantrate, what does it really do? One thing I do know for sure, though, is that Lavoris does fight morning breath more than any other mouthwash I know, even the pricier counterparts.

It also has a sweeter taste, and perceivably less drying to the mouth or throat than their powerful competition. Just as I would use Scope or Listerine when I could afford it, I gargle Lavoris in the morning and at night before I go to bed.

The ritual goes hand-in-hand with brushing my teeth.

I might skip Lavoris in the morning if I’m pressed for time, but I always try my best to get a good gargle of the mouthwash at night. I believe this is the time when my mouth, teeth, and gums need protection the most. After all, bacteria growth if left on its own for eight hours or more, is the major cause of uncontrollable bad breath during the day.

My final advise to you, if you care to use Lavoris like myself, just make sure that you gargle with it long enough. There’s the secret! One minute or longer is prescribed. If you only rinse for a few seconds, it would be better if you hadn’t used a mouthwash, or any moutwash at all for that matter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424101306260331/k2311a1024/10.24.10