VTech Cordless Phone Model CS5111 5.8 GHz  » Electronics  »
  • I bought it last month, for just Canadian $28 including tax at the London Drugs store in the neighborhood
  • I can definitely conclude that is the only store in recent memory that can offer a cost-effective, yet excellent cordless
  • I opened the box excitedly, and to my surprise it was so easy to install, even my roommate was impressed
  • I also like the color, white base against black phone, which definitely fits our living room’s color motif

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I love VTech Cordless Phone Model CS5111. I bought it last month, for just Canadian $28 including tax at the London Drugs store in the neighborhood. I had to spend about a month of window-shopping though, until I finally made a decision to buy.

There was a cheaper cordless phone at the Zellers store in the Surrey Central mall for $19 plus tax. It was unbelievable to find a cordless phone that cheap, and as it turned out, it was also out of stock at any branch of Zellers.

I didn’t realize that it’s so hard to shop for a cordless phone. Worse, I was not aware how exhorbitant the prices had gone. Apparently, after I visited all the stores that carry cordless phone models, the lowest price you could get a brand new

cordless phone for was $24, tax not included!

And you can only find it at London Drugs. I can definitely conclude that is the only store in recent memory that can offer a cost-effective, yet excellent cordless.

Why not buy an ordinary phone, you might ask? Well because of the convenience of not being tied to a cord. I can freely move around the house while I’m talking. I do have another cordless phone in the house and an old one at that, and it’s a GE brand, but my roommate and I had recently concluded that another cordless phone is needed.

I was the one tasked with getting this phone to work. I opened the box excitedly, and to my surprise it was so easy to install, even my roommate was impressed. After ...

• taking it out of the box, the next thing I did was to attach the power cord to it and get it charging.

Within less than an hour of battery charging, and after I hooked the phone to the phone jack in the wall, I made my first test call. I couldn’t believe it. The connection was so crisp, I could hear a pin drop!

And not only that, this phone is also small, almost like your average cellphone. This makes it easy to carry with me around the house, and never miss an important call. Of course, that doesn’t include the phone’s base, which has to stay in one place. But this VTech phone’s base isn’t heavy either, and hence only occupies a tiny space on the table. I also like the color, white base

against black phone, which definitely fits our living room’s color motif.

The VTech Cordless Phone Model CS5111 is surely impressive. It has all the bells and whistles that any cordless would have, such as voicemail, call display, time, and date display, automatic dialing and so on. Looking back, I’m glad that I took the time to pick the most economical, yet dependable phone. All the effort was certainly worth it, and this phone is hard at work, my roommate and I being true blue phone hogs.

And perhaps the most exceptional about it is the battery. Although the operations manual says that the battery needs to be charged overnight, within less than an hour of charging the phone was already in service. Imagine that!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1624101306170331/k2311a1024/10.24.10