Zestril (lisinopril) 10 mg Prescription ACE inhibitor  » Medicine  »
  • I've been on it for a long time and I feel it was definitely worth it
  • I was initially concerned that it would cause my blood pressure to drop too low, but this was never a problem at all
  • Putting off kidney failure for as long as possible is one of the best things you can do for your health as a diabetic

• by reviewabit

I have diabetes and although my blood pressure was not high enough to warrant diagnosis as hypertension at the time, my doctor felt it was a good idea to put me on lisinopril (Zestril brand) to help protect my kidneys. Apparently studies have been done that show ACE inhibitor blood pressure medications are able to help protect the kidneys from diabetes-related damage.

Since other family members are also diabetic and have kidney damage, I

agreed it was a good preventative move.

It has very few side effects, at least for me. There was a little tiredness and cough, which is common. I had a bit of dry mouth, but I am not sure if this was from the Zestril or not as I am on other medications, each with their own side effects.

I wish that there were more medications that could help prevent diabetes complications, as they can be absolutely devastating. Anything that helps stop them has got to be good. I am urging my siblings and other family to please ask their doctors about this drug.

Since you only need a very low dose to be effective and the side effects are very mild (if present at all) it is well worth the trouble. Also, if you get the generic alternative, it is a very inexpensive drug to take. I’ve been on ...

•   Zestril (lisinopril) 10 mg Prescription ACE inhibitor
      it for a long time and I feel it was definitely worth it.

I was initially concerned that it would cause my blood pressure to drop too low, but this was never a problem at all. I was told that it would be very rare for there to be a serious drop in pressure and most people tolerate lisinopril very well. I am very pleased with the extra protection this drug has bought

me.

If you are diabetic, or have any disease that may put your kidneys at risk, I would urge you to ask your doctor about using this as a preventative drug. Putting off kidney failure for as long as possible is one of the best things you can do for your health as a diabetic. Once kidney damage is done, there’s no going back. I’ve seen it happen so many times. Take steps to protect yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624101306130331/k2311a1024/10.24.10