Beano Meltaways Strawberry gas prevention medication  » Health  »
  • It melted pretty quickly, which was convenient because everyone was ready to start eating, so I liked the fact that I didn’t have to make a spectacle of myself taking medicine before the meal
  • Also, I like the strawberry flavor and it gives me an excuse to eat something sweet even though I am not supposed to

• by reviewabit

I’ve used Beano tablets in the past to help with the gas from eating beans or many other vegetables and foods that cause gas. It works by providing you with an enzyme that helps you to digest the food without creating flatulence. My biggest problems seem to be with cabbage, broccoli, and of course, beans of any kind. The more I eat of them, the worse it gets and I need something to help!

I hate taking so many tablets all the time, so when I saw that they were now making them in a meltaway that you just put on your tongue,

I had to try it.

It was a little pricey, but anything that saves you the embarrassment of gas is worth it.

I first tried one when I was eating out at a restaurant with family. I put the meltaway in my mouth right before eating, as had been suggested.

It tasted a little chalky, but it wasn’t too bad. It was strawberry flavored. It was no worse than Tums or Rolaids as far as flavor. It melted pretty quickly, which was convenient because everyone was ready to start eating, so I liked the fact that I didn’t have to make a ...

• spectacle of myself taking medicine before the meal.

I could very discreetly take one out of my purse and slip it into my mouth, and since it melts, you don’t have to chew and swallow. You only have to take one of these instead of two like with the tablets. I guess the dosage change helps to make up for some of the extra price you pay.

For this particular meal, there was broccoli and beans to contend with, so this really put the Beano to the test. As far as I can tell, it worked just as well as the tablets do.

They’ve never been 100% perfect. Sometimes they seem to work better than others– and this applies to the tablets and the meltaways. I am not really sure why they work sometimes better than others, except maybe the amount of food you eat at the time probably affects it.

Overall I am happy with the product and I would probably buy them again rather than the tablets because they are discreet. Also, I like the strawberry flavor and it gives me an excuse to eat something sweet even though I am not supposed to. If it’s medicine, it doesn’t count!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424101306100231/k2311a1024/10.24.10