Fish & Co Seafood Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2nd Level, Shangri-la Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila
  • When looking for a great seafood restaurant, there is a good restaurant that I could recommend
  • Conveniently located in the Shangri-la Shopping Mall, this restaurant serves the best Fish and Chips that I have ever tried
  • It has a some shrimps, mussels and fish ( I think) served in Tomato based Marinara sauce
  • I did not taste any major difference but I suggest trying out their classic Best Fish and Chips in Town first before ordering anything else

• by mod

When looking for a great seafood restaurant, there is a good restaurant that I could recommend. This is Fish & Co. Conveniently located in the Shangri-la Shopping Mall, this restaurant serves the best Fish and Chips that I have ever tried. They boast of serving fresh seafood too.

The restaurant is spacious and looks very homey. The place is clean and the servers are very friendly and accommodating. The service is great and the food is served quickly. The whole restaurant is decorated with some beach and fishing stuff. I felt like I was in a fishing wharf when I entered the restaurant.

The prices of the food, well, they are steep. But who cares about the prices when you are paying for the good quality of service and great tasting food? For starters I ordered a soup bowl of New England Clam Chowder ($3.50). It was great.

There were a lot of ingredients in this soup. The taste was not fishy at all and I had to stop myself from finishing the whole bowl because I ordered their Fish and Chips. I do not want to get full right away.

I then ordered their Seafood Spaghetti Marinara. It has a some shrimps, mussels and fish ( I think) served in Tomato based Marinara sauce. One order costs around $11. The taste is well, okay, but the price is steep. We are 4 in our group so we finished the platter. It was not a very huge order but I could not have finished it alone.

Another great dish would be their Mussels in Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce ($5). The mussels were large, the meat was not hard, and the mixture of their garlic and lemon was just right.

Finally my order of the Fish and Chips arrived.

• For $9 per order, the Best Fish and Chips In Town is quite pricy but hey you have not eaten in Fish & Co if you have not tried their famous dish. The Fish Fillet was huge, maybe around 2 palmfuls. It is lovingly covered in creamy brown batter, browned to perfection, and there are pieces of fries served with it. It is served on a warm pan over a stone table protector. There are many sauces available served to complement this dish. There is the Tartar Sauce, some fresh Garlic, some other raw spices that you can add. I just loved the Tartar Sauce by itself. I was surprised that I could not finish the whole Dory Fish Fillet. It was too big for me! I loved the way they have prepared the fish fillet. There was no strong fishy taste. The batter was just right, it
        was not too salty or too bland.

For those who love cheese, there is a variety that you can order. I have tried the New York Fish and Chips ($9) which is stuffed with cheese filling. I did not taste any major difference but I suggest trying out their classic Best Fish and Chips in Town first before ordering anything else. This way you could compare the taste from the original if you ever choose the one with the cheese filling of the one with Cream Cheese and Lemon Butter (which is the Philadelphia Fish and Chips - $9).

However which way, their fish and chips are truly great. The other dishes were quite so-so, and yes the prices are steep. But if you are willing to indulge in some quality sea food (well to be exact – Fish and chips), then go ahead and try Fish & Co.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724101305990231/k2311a1024/10.24.10