Black & Decker Smart Grind Coffee Grinder
  • When I think Black & Decker, I think tools
  • While I love tools I do not usually get products made by tool manufacturers for my kitchen
  • Once I found this out I decided to give Black & Decker a chance in my kitchen
  • What has impressed me is that the Black & Decker Smart Grind Coffee Grinder is the best grinder on the market
  • Still, to me that is a minor issue because I do not really care if I wind the cord up or not

• by makeithappen

When I think Black & Decker, I think tools. While I love tools I do not usually get products made by tool manufacturers for my kitchen. But it turns out someone over at Black & Decker loves coffee because they have a whole line of coffee makers and coffee grinders. To my surprise Black & Decker has been making kitchen appliances since 1984. Once I found this out I decided to give Black & Decker a chance in my kitchen.

If there is one appliance I am hard on it is coffee grinders. I have been through about 10 of them in the past 6 years. I had just decided that coffee grinders are cheaply made and not durable. What has impressed me is that the Black & Decker Smart Grind Coffee Grinder is the best grinder on the market. What further surprised me

is that it is also a very cheap coffee grinder. Cheap and well made do not really go together but in this case they do.

I think this is a very quality product because they use true stainless steal. None of this looks like metal breaks like paper stuff some of the other coffee grinders use. Not only is the base and the grinder itself stainless steel the blades are as well. Another think I love about this grinder is that it has a safety feature that lets you lock it. On a lot of coffee grinders either there is no safety feature or that is the first thing to break. With a house full of kids safety is the most important thing to me.

I use this coffee grinder every single day and it is still doing great. I would say it ...

• is one of the most durable products out there. Now there are two improvements I might ask for with this coffee grinder but that is only because I drink an insane amount of coffee. The cup itself is a little bit small for my taste. I would have liked it to grind a few more beans per grinding. Other people, like me, who drink a lot of coffee might be tempted to over fill the cup which could cause problems. I do not mind grinding beans so I never over fill the cup. Still if it were just a little bit bigger that issue could be solved. Still the next step up would be an industrial coffee bean grinder and I am not ready to admit I have that much of a coffee problem,… yet.

Also, I never use the wide up cord space

because it doesn’t really fit right. I am sure there is a special way to roll the cord up to get it in to the cord storage area but it is not in the instruction manual and I can not seem to get the hang about it. Still, to me that is a minor issue because I do not really care if I wind the cord up or not. I keep it in the cabinet above the coffee maker so it is not like it sits out on the counter. So I do not think this is a major issue. It is more important to me that it has a strong motor that doesn’t burn out. When you are in desperate need of a cup of coffee and have no ground beans your coffee grinder breaking down can be the worst thing ever.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324101305930231/k2311a1024/10.24.10