Oakland Living Horse Bench  » Furniture  »
2.0
  • I found a bench at Walmart for $179.64 called the Oakland Living Horse Bench
  • It did hold both of us up well but we noticed the bench was a bit wobbly
  • It definitely wouldn't last for the long haul
  • I would not recommend this bench to anyone who wants something of any quality
  • I love the look of a nice bench on the front porch

• by Dawn

I was looking for some furniture for the yard that would also look nice. I found a bench at Walmart for $179.64 called the Oakland Living Horse Bench. It looked nice, though not top of the line, so I figured I would give it a try. The bench needed to be assembled when we got it home, but it didn’t really look too difficult. It didn’t look like a very sturdy bench, but it was more for decoration anyway. It would work out well for where I wanted it to go.

I brought the bench home and as suspected, it didn’t take much to put it together. Once it was together, we put it out in front of the house as a decorative piece. It looked nice

where I wanted it to go, but then we wanted to test it to see if it would be sturdy enough to hold the two of us if we wanted to sit out front at any time. It did hold both of us up well but we noticed the bench was a bit wobbly. We tried to tighten it down some, but it really didn’t work out so well. We resolved ourselves to just be careful if we wanted to sit on it. It definitely wouldn’t last for the long haul.

I wanted to leave the bench out year round. This was a mistake because it rusted out very badly and the wood began to look wretched. The following summer, we repainted it and cleaned it ...

• up as good as we could, but the truth it, it just wasn’t ever the same again. We regretted not taking it inside for the winter months. That is one of those live and learn things. The bench wasn’t really that great to start with. It was alright and it did look nice from a distance. When you got up close, you could see that it really wasn’t a great quality bench. The next time I choose a bench, it will be one with a little more sturdiness that I can use for sitting on and not have to worry if the grandchildren climb on it. I probably would not purchase this bench again simply because the quality was horrible. I didn’t really expect it to
        be that great, but I would have expected that it wouldn’t have been wobbly from the start.

I would not recommend this bench to anyone who wants something of any quality. You are better off to purchase a bench from a lawn and garden place which will cost more, but the quality will be much higher and you will get far more use out of it that we got from this bench from Walmart. There are some things that you shouldn’t waste your money on and this is one of them. I love the look of a nice bench on the front porch. I didn’t care much for this one after the first summer passed and probably wouldn’t have even if we had brought it inside for the winter months.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5724101305740231/k2311a1024/10.24.10