El Monterey Spicy Taco Picante Burritos Family Pack
2.5
  • The lack of spiciness, more than anything else, resulted in me being disappointed with the burritos

• by CirclingCanvas

I really fail to see what’s so spicy about the El Monterey Spicy Taco Picante Burritos. While I can see and taste some jalapenos and green chilies, neither ingredient is plentiful enough in quantity or strong enough in flavor to give these burritos a spicy kick. If both the jalapenos and green chilies ingredients had been added in greater quantity, then, perhaps, these burritos would’ve been more fiery, but even then, the spiciness would’ve been determined more so by the quality of the jalapenos and green chilies used, and the two come across as

tasting pretty bland in these burritos.

That being said, these burritos still had a good flavor to them. It wasn’t the flavor I was expecting when I purchased this eight pack for just under three dollars, but the seasoned ground beef did taste good. That’s basically all I did taste though, aside from the tortilla shell, since the jalapenos and green chilies were both present in limited quantities and didn’t have a real noticeable flavor to them. As for the tortilla shell, I felt that the tortilla shells used for these burritos was a little ...

• tough, but I didn’t have any trouble biting into these burritos and chewing them. The tortilla shells simply weren’t as soft as the ones used at Taco Casa, Taco Bueno or Taco Bell. Still, the tortilla shells tasted fine and didn’t cause me to enjoy these burritos any less. The lack of spiciness, more than anything else, resulted in me being disappointed with the burritos.

I didn’t get what I expected when I purchased these burritos. I was expecting spiciness, but the burritos didn’t have even a mild amount of spiciness to them due to

not very many green chilies or jalapenos being added to the seasoned ground beef mixture. The green chilies and jalapenos used weren’t that good anyway though, so even if more of the two had been added, I doubt the burritos would’ve come out any spicier. The seasoned ground beef and the flour tortillas were good, and the burritos were super easy to cook in the oven, but overall, while I enjoyed some of what these burritos had to offer, I was also pretty disappointed with them, and so, I’m rating these El Monterey burritos a “5″.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724101305600231/k2311a1024/10.24.10