Flexeril Prescription Muscle Relaxer  » Medicine  »
  • Luckily since I was paying attention as saw the other vehicle coming, I was able to swerve to the side and avoid large bodily damage
  • This is a medication that is only available by a prescription, so I really could not give you a cost
  • However, this stuff definitely knocked me on my butt
  • I would recommend this for people with severe muscle pain who won't abuse the medication, but would say that you should probably consult your doctor first

• by webgirl40

A few years ago I was involved in an head on collision with another vehicle. Luckily since I was paying attention as saw the other vehicle coming, I was able to swerve to the side and avoid large bodily damage. However I did have some bodily damage and one of the medications that was prescribed to me was a muscle relaxant called Flexeril. Also called cyclobenzaprine by it’s generic name is prescribed mainly for people with severe muscle problems and pain. This is a medication that is only available by a prescription,

so I really could not give you a cost.

It is meant to relieve severe muscle pain allowing you to relax and your body to heal from whatever injury it may have sustained. The doctor warned me that this medication would make me very sleepy and perhaps a bit loopy. He also said that I should not drive after taking the medication as it will greatly inhibit concentration and depth perception. I took the medication home and following the doctors instructions took one pill.

I can say that this will relieve muscle spasms and ...

• pain because it certainly worked for me. However, this stuff definitely knocked me on my butt. It definitely made me very sleepy. It only took about 30 minutes for me to feel the full effect of this medication. Like I said it definitely relieved the spasms and pain but I also had great difficulty just holding my eyes open. I soon gave in to the sleep and slept straight through the next 12 hours. I slept like a rock and when my boyfriend tried to wake me up the next day I
        was so groggy and irritable. Took me an hour to recover from the sleep and the medication of the night before but I felt better.

I continued to take Flexeril for another two weeks after that. I can honestly say that it works, but I would not take it again unless I really had too. It is way strong and makes it so hard for me to function properly. I would recommend this for people with severe muscle pain who won’t abuse the medication, but would say that you should probably consult your doctor first.

victoria says :

Hello,

I have taken flexeril a few times and while it does relieve the pain I also find that I am very very spaced out a loopy for about 12 hours after taking it. When you took the product did you experience the same kinds of problems?

Thanks,
    Victoria

webgirl40 replies :

Hello Victoria,

I completely understand where you are coming from. When I first started taking this medicine I was very loopy and was unable to function much past laying on the couch for a good 12 hours after taking the product. I actually ended up seeking my doctor’s advice and he recommended taking a half of a pill instead of the whole pill and that worked just fine. I was still a little loopy for about 6 hours after taking the product but I was able to function the next day. You should probably talk to your doctor.

Hope it works out,
    webgirl40

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624101305390131/k2311a1024/10.24.10