Beyond the Headlines news talk show  » Media  »
  • One of the radio talk show programs that I find to be both interesting and sometimes annoying is a programme called Beyond the Headlines
  • Although I am still not one hundred percent sure what time it starts, I know that it usually airs on weekdays in the evenings after either the five or six o clock news
  • It is usually hosted by the journalist Dion Jackson Miller who I think is a great host and interviewer
  • I was not always interested in listening to Beyond the Headlines though since I thought that the quarelling that sometimes developed between the interviewees and once or twice the interviewer herself was just too much for me to stomach
  • I would recommend Beyond the Headlines to people who are interested in current affairs

• by Redtape

One of the radio talk show programs that I find to be both interesting and sometimes annoying is a programme called “Beyond the Headlines”. Although I am still not one hundred percent sure what time it starts, I know that it usually airs on weekdays in the evenings after either the five or six o clock news. It is usually hosted by the journalist Dion Jackson Miller who I think is a great host and interviewer.

On each segment of Beyond the Headlines, current issues

facing our country for the most part and the world are discussed. Dion usually interviews mostly people in authority to get the information on certain issues and sometimes will grill them on how they are going to solve certain problems.

I was not always interested in listening to Beyond the Headlines though since I thought that the quarelling that sometimes developed between the interviewees and once or twice the interviewer herself was just too much for me to stomach. It was that, and just ...

• hearing very heavy issues being spoken about, some extremely detremental to our country, and yet I remember hearing especially politicians tell blatant lies about them over and over.

Another thing I like about Beyond the Headlines is that Dion Jackson Miller usually keeps the interviews on track, so I have never seen an interview stray too far from the topic.

One reason why I also appreciated “Beyond the Headlines” was because by listening to the discussions, I am generally able to formulate my own opinion

/> on certain topics in society. It is also the place where I can listen to a few corrupt politicians and their actions being criticised and questioned.

One of the things that I think is both an advantage and disadvantage too is that average people listening rarely call up live on the program to give their opinions on certain issues but sometimes their questions and responses are taken into consideration on Facebook and Msn.

I would recommend “Beyond the Headlines” to people who are interested in current affairs.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3922101304910131/k2311a1022/10.22.10