Young’s Jersey Dairy - Pumpkin Patch  » Entertainment  »
1.5
Young’s Jersey Dairy 6880 Springfield-Xenia Rd Yellow Springs, OH 45387 (937) 325-0629
  • Now before I start I just want to say I love Young's and if I were rating the whole thing I would give it a great rating
  • What had me feeling very disappointed and rather annoyed was that there were no pumpkins

• by makeithappen

On October 17 2010 I went to Young’s Jersey Dairy to celebrate two things. One was my sisters birthday and the other was to celebrate Halloween. Young’s Jersey Dairy is a fantastic farm/entertainment center. They offer a great deal to do there, some of those things are: mini golf, batting cages a sit down restaurant, a fast food restaurant, ice cream parlor, barn with goats and other animals, sell Christmas trees, have haunted hay rides and pumpkin picking. There is so much going on there I could not do it all in one review. For this review I wanted to review the pumkin picking at Young’s Jersey Dairy. Now before I start I just want to say I love Young’s and if I were rating the whole thing I would give

it a great rating. It is just this one part of Young’s that did not live up to its own name.

When we went to pick pumpkins the staff was not very helpful but the hay ride was a lot of fun. What had me feeling very disappointed and rather annoyed was that there were no pumpkins. The fields were already stripped bare. And I really mean stripped bare. They did not tell us this before we headed out and I wish that they had. We would have still been happy to take the hay ride but the kids were so let down and I would have appreciated being able to prepare them. I do not know if they had a bad season or what but in the past years there ...

• were still pumpkins to pick around this time. Still two weeks to go before Halloween and we do not have a pumpkin. Now I will have to take them to Kroger to buy a pumpkin and that is not the same thing. I felt that Young’s had really let us down on our yearly tradition. I mean fine, maybe you had a bad season, but can’t you let the masses know that?

After the whole pumpkin patch failure we took the haunted hay ride. Now this I was very happy with in the, “Please do not make me go on any scary haunted hay ride” sort of way. Yeah they got me a few times pretty good. I would not suggest taking small kids on this haunted hay ride because they

do go all out and have some sneaky tricks up their sleeves to get your heart racing. I would not go on that hay ride again, not because it was bad. I mean it scared the crap out of me so I guess that means it is good but that is also why I do not want to do it again! Anyhow, if any stragglers are planning to head to Young’s Jersey Dairy to pick pumpkins this weekend you will want to make other plans. I would suggest Iron’s Fruit Farm as an alternative, if you are up for the drive to Lebanon. Anyhow, do not let my bad review of Young’ Jersey Dairy’s pumpkin patch put you off of all of Young’s just don’t plan to get your pumpkins there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5922101304770131/k2311a1022/10.22.10