Adam Lambert’s Glamnation Tour (Manila)
  • I was seated at the VVIP area which cost me around Php7500 (USD 172.50) and was worth every single cent
  • I have been to a lot of concerts where I was head over heels over the singer/band, but was still disappointed
  • Honestly, I love his voice on record, but it’s nothing compared to what it is when you hear it live
  • Even my friend who was not an Adam fan at all was really impressed with his concert
  • If you have the opportunity, watching Glamnation is an experience you shouldn’t miss

• by TheCity

Last Sunday, I watched Adam Lambert’s Glamnation Tour in the Mall of Asia Concert Grounds, Manila. Adam Lambert is one of my favorite singers/performers and I have been looking forward to the concert for quite a while already. I was seated at the VVIP area which cost me around Php7500 (USD 172.50) and was worth every single cent.

The venue was just okay, it was basically a large open field. I would have preferred it to be indoors so that Adam’s voice could be heard even more clearly, but at least the venue and security were very organized and it didn’t rain. The crowd in the concert was great. The people surrounding me were all very positive, energetic and appreciative without being pushy or annoying.

I have been to a lot of concerts where I was head over heels over the singer/band, but was still disappointed. However, Adam surely didn’t disappoint; he went above and beyond my expectations. He totally blew me away. First of all, his set list was longer

than what I expected, and is composed of almost all the songs in his album, plus some American Idol favorites. I just wish he had sung Pick You Up and Whole Lotta Love, but otherwise, he sang all the songs I wanted him to. Second, his energy level was unbelievable! I could tell that he was really giving it his all and as a member of the audience, you could really feel and appreciate it. The set list was basically divided into three; the first set was made of upbeat and sort of mystical songs, the second was more heartfelt and stripped down acoustics, and the third reverted back to upbeat and high energy songs with positive messages. His fast songs were very energetic and fun to dance along while his slow songs were just captivating. He sang the slow songs such as Aftermath and Broken Open so wonderfully, that you can’t help but get drawn into the moment. There was not a single moment that my attention was lost. Third, his ...

• voice is brilliant. Honestly, I love his voice on record, but it’s nothing compared to what it is when you hear it live. Lastly, he has a great connection to the audience. He made me feel as if he were singing right at me, with his eyes lingering on the crowd, his smile, and his messages. He can really pump up a crowd and the energy level kept on increasing even through the slow part. I love how he connected all his songs to the message of love; he was able to do it in a way that is sincere and not corny at all, and I honestly went home feeling very inspired and renewed.

Not only is Adam super talented, his band and dancers are also fantastic! I have never once paid attention to them before, but upon seeing them live, I just have to say they are extremely talented people who deserve their own spotlight. To say that they got my attention while Adam was on stage means they are really

good. One of the good things about them is their rapport with each other and the fact that Adam seems to be really proud of them and wants them to shine too.

The set design was alright. It was actually very simple, made of one huge screen in the middle for the background images, and one lounge char on each side of the stage to use as a prop. But the background images on the screen fit the songs very well and the focus was rightfully maintained on the performers who do not need effects at all.

My unbiased opinion is that Adam Lambert is one of the greatest performers ever; it’s just a bonus that he has the voice of an angel and a rock god combined. Even my friend who was not an Adam fan at all was really impressed with his concert. If you have the opportunity, watching Glamnation is an experience you shouldn’t miss. I guarantee you will go home feeling impressed, inspired, and having a hangover that will last for days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5922101304361231/k2311a1022/10.22.10