Eat, Pray, Love (The Movie)
1.5
  • The external aspect of this search, which is her travels to three very beautiful and interesting places (Italy, India and Bali) could have been the saving grace, but I also found it lacking
  • I was not much impressed except with the food shots in Italy which made me quite hungry, and which made the 2 hours seem even longer as I wanted to go and have dinner already
  • It definitely did not make any impact and when I walked out the cinema, I just felt numb and that I wasted more than 2 hours

• by TheCity

I watched this movie last weekend and I have to say that I didn’t like it much. The plot was not strong enough and not developed well enough to justify the lessons that Liz Gilbert was imparting in the movie. It did not evoke any feeling, and even after journeying with Liz for a whole year, you cannot feel any impact at all.

At more than 2

hours, the movie was quite long, given that there are really any big events or plots in the story, and after a while, it gets a bit dragging. During the scenes in India, I was already wishing that it would fast forward to the next part. I understand very well a woman’s internal search for love and to find her balance, but it is actually difficult to translate this into a watchable and entertaining movie.

The external aspect of this search, which is her travels to three very beautiful and interesting places (Italy, India and Bali) could have been the saving grace, but I also found it lacking. I was not much impressed except with the food shots in Italy which made me quite hungry, and which made the 2 hours seem even longer ...

• Eat, Pray, Love (The Movie)
      as I wanted to go and have dinner already.

On the other hand, I did find Julia Roberts charming, but her character is a bit too whiny and dramatic, although I can understand that this is a true story and most of us tend to have these moments. It can just get a bit tiring when we watch other people being so. I did read the book,

and I can say that the book is much better.

All in all, I wish I had watched a different movie instead. It definitely did not make any impact and when I walked out the cinema, I just felt numb and that I wasted more than 2 hours. My friend advised me not to watch this movie, and I wish I had listened. Would not recommend this movie to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1122101304351231/k2311a1022/10.22.10