Carmex Medicated Lip Balm For Cold Sores
0.5
  • I bought this product at my local walmart for almost $8.00

• by webgirl40

My mother is a huge Carmex fan. That is why when I started developing stress-related cold sores she recommended Carmex Medicated Lip Balm For Cold Sores. Although I am not necessarily a Carmex fan, I was willing to try this product to get rid of the embarrassing cold sores. They were painful and I felt like I could not go anywhere without somebody staring at me.

I bought this product at my local walmart for almost $8.00. Now I would like to pause right here and say that 8

dollars for any kind of lip treatment is outrageous. However, I was so desperate that I bought the product anyway. It advertises that it will deliver relief from the pain of a cold sore and also minimize the appearance of the cold sore after a few days use. I red the directions and applied the medicine about 4 times a day in hopes that it would soon relieve my symptoms.

After about a week I gave up, this product was useless. The only thing that this product did was ...

• dry my lips out so bad that they began to crack. I had to buy a lip moisturizer to put over the carmex to make sure that my lips stayed healthy. The product did nothing to relieve the pain and discomfort caused by the cold sore nor did it do anything to actually help heal it. It finally went away about three days after I stopped taking the medicine. I can not help but wonder if I should have not bothered and let it heal on its own then
        maybe I would not have had it so long.

I really do not know if the medicine slowed the healing or not. What I do know is that it certainly did not help it any. The cold sore was still painful and still very noticeable even after a week. I am very unhappy that I spent 8 dollars on a worthless medicine, but I guess getting bad products is a part of life.

I would not suggest this product to anyone who has troubles with cold sores. It simply does not work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2622101304231231/k2311a1022/10.22.10