Qwest Communications Services  » General services  »
2.5
Qwest Communications
  • One of my biggest pet peeves with Qwest is not even with the cost or services
  • They do their best to please their customers and are the best part of Qwest’s services

• by Kim Miller

I have been a Qwest customer for many years. I was with them for 20 years when I was married and now 5 years on my own since my divorce. I wish that they had more competition because if they did, I would use their competition. I am very upset and disgusted with Qwest. I do have several items bundled with them because sadly it’s the least expensive way to have phone services.

Their rates are way to high and I have old worn out phone lines that they will not replace. They charge me a huge amount of money each month for their

phone services but yet they will not update my phone lines so that I can have a faster speed of DSL.

I do have my DSL with them too and have had so much trouble with it. I pay a lot of money for my DSL but yet there are many times that my connection is lost. This is most likely due to the old phone lines that they will not fix. I also signed up for a “rate for life” promotion when I first got my DSL with them. Surprise, that was completely false advertisement because the rate I signed up for has ...

• gone up.

I had my cell phone service through Qwest, but they sold out to Verizon, which really upset me because Verizon is much more expensive than Qwest as far as cell phone service goes.

One of my biggest pet peeves with Qwest is not even with the cost or services. It’s with the customer service phone number. It is this automated man and you have to give voice commands. It is so sensitive that if you close a door or sneeze it thinks you’ve responded. I wish they would just have a normal automated machine that would just direct people to the

right department by having them press a number. You have to enter all of your information and then when you get a real person you have to tell them the information again. Drives me mad!

The customer service personnel are always very friendly and helpful. They do their best to please their customers and are the best part of Qwest’s services.

If I had a choice I would go with another phone service but for the time being Qwest is the only landline service in town and they do offer discounts for bundling which make them the least expensive. They are the best of the worst.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2522101304081231/k2311a1022/10.22.10