Mighty Eigth Air Force Museum
175 Bourne ave , Pooler , Georgia
  • You will learn a lot about World War 2 , and get to see some amazing planes up close and personal
  • I think everyone should see it atleast once
  • I really enjoyed walking through the Memorial Gardens too
  • There is just a lot of interesting things to do for all ages
  • This museum also has a delicious little cafe in it

• by Gina Gott

If you enjoy learning about history then you should really check this museum out. You will learn a lot about World War 2 , and get to see some amazing planes up close and personal. The coolest thing about this museum is the staff. A lot of the volunteers are actually veterans of the 8th air force. Visiting this museum is fun , entertaining , but also touching. This is a great place to spend a very memorable day. I think everyone should see it atleast once. Stop by if you are ever in the Pooler , Georgia area.

When you are first coming up on the museum you won’t be able to miss the two huge planes outside. My husband and I walked over to them , took some pictures , and read all about them. Inside of the museum there are more planes , jets , and bombers. There are also some very

fascinatiing exhibits like the POW ( Prisoner Of War ) set up. I really enjoyed walking through the Memorial Gardens too. It was very peaceful and pretty , and there is a old english chapel there as well. There are monuments and names of fallen soldiers from WW2 , Vietnam , and more in the gardens. Walking around this place really makes you appreciate our soldiers even more. It is a very thought provoking place.

They had some fun interactive exhibits there as well. There is a cool stimulator that lets you feel like you are shooting from a bomber. I also liked looking at the old war medals and uniforms. There is just a lot of interesting things to do for all ages. I believe teenagers and adults will get more out of this museum , because you do have to do a lot of reading. Ofcourse any age group will enjoy seeing ...

• the huge planes everywhere. This museum also has a delicious little cafe in it. They serve bbq , hamburgers , and other tasty items. The food is good , and the prices are nice too. My husband and I both ate for about $15.00. There is also a cool gift shop here. It has all kinds of historical items in it for very reasonable prices.

The price to visit this museum is great. It is about $10.00 a person to get in. For the education value and fascinating things you will see , I would have to say that is a bargain. My husband and I spent about 5 hours just browsing through this museum inside and out. It is very clean. As I mentioned before a lot of the staff are veterans ,so they are very knowledgeable. They will be glad to answer any questions that you have. Everyone that works or helps

out with this museum truely has a passion for it , and it shows. This is an unforgettable place to visit.

If you are a history buff or are just looking for an interesting way to spend the day , then be sure and stop by this incredible museum. You will leave with a new understanding of what life is like for a soldier , and much more. I really had a good time at this museum , and so did my husband. If you ever get a chance to visit this place , then take it. It is worth the trip. It is one of the most informative history museums around. Be sure and bring your camera. There are great photo opportunities around every corner. Check it out for yourself , and I hope you have as much fun as my husband and I did. We can’t wait to go back and visit this wonderful museum again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5921101303971031/k2311a1021/10.21.10