Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Shampoo for Long Hair Red Raspberry 300 mL  » Cosmetics  »
  • It hasn’t solved my dandruff problem, but I don’t worry too much about this anymore, as I have found other ways of dealing with this problem
  • I love the packaging, the satin texture of the shampoo itself, and the authentic red raspberry smell, which definitely lingers on
  • In particular, I just love the smell of it, which I notice stays on even when I step out of the house

• by RichieMogwai

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I don’t really know for sure what hooked me back into going herbal as far as my shampoo goes. Was it the TV commercial that just kept going on and on, or was it the attractive packaging?

It must be a mixture of both. In addition, I have known Herbal Essences shampoo for a long time, back to when I was kid in the Philippines, a country in Southeast Asia. My sisters, working students at that time, invested on this shampoo brand, which was pricier compared to the other shampoos in the market at that time.

Herbal Essences shampoo always prides itself with that transparent packaging, where the green, silky, lotion-like texture of the shampoo sells itself to the consumer. I even remember their early TV ads, extolling the virtues of going natural and herbal.

I remember that drawing of a lady with flowing black hair, almost fairy-like with little birds fluttering by, adding a halo effect to the Herbal emblem. The old TV commercials would build up on this advertising strategy, transforming the lady into an animation of a fairy-like creature akin to those found in

the Lord of the Rings film trilogy.

Now the modern incarnation of the Herbal Essences shampoo comes in the form of a half-transparent, red plastic bottle where all you could see is the silky property of the ablution.

“With a fusion of red raspberry and satin”, is one of the ways this product markets itself. It was also up on sale at a Vancouver Shopper’s Drugmart where it really caught my eye. At that time, it billed itself as an anniversary combo, and was half its usual price.

All this coincided with my search for an excellent shampoo in which to switch to. My hair is thick, yet the follicles are very thin. It is very delicate, so no ordinary shampoo will do. This would explain why I have been experimenting with all sorts of shampoos ever since.

Of course, product marketers would have it this way, too. Brand experts out there only know too well that consumers are never loyal to one brand when it comes to using shampoo. As my friend Denise would attest, the only way to get one’s hair renewed with or ...

• without a haircut is to switch to a different shampoo every now and then.

I, for one believe in this principle, and why not? Every time I switch to a different shampoo, it seems to wake up my hair, putting a fresh glow in my face, which I find hard to explain.

Of course, this phenomenon occurred again when I recently switched to the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship shampoo. It hasn’t solved my dandruff problem, but I don’t worry too much about this anymore, as I have found other ways of dealing with this problem.

I’m quite happy with this shampoo, without asking too much, or asking for the impossible. I love the packaging, the satin texture of the shampoo itself, and the authentic red raspberry smell, which definitely lingers on. In particular, I just love the smell of it, which I notice stays on even when I step out of the house.

That only happens, though, provided I don’t use the conditioner version, which seems to have the cumulative effect of diluting the powerful, refreshing scent of the shampoo itself.

I appreciate the well-thought-out packaging of

the Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship shampoo. It’s just so irritating when the product manufacturer doesn’t realize, or realizes but doesn’t really care about the fact that consumers intend to get every drop of what they paid for.

So if could easily invert the position of the bottle in order to get all the shampoo I could derive from the container, that would be a great deal for me as a consumer. And sure enough, Herbal Essences delivers this unique advantage.

I cannot say the same for Dove, which makes it impossible to make their shampoo bottle sit the opposite way on the bathtub corner without toppling over. This is what makes me realize that Dove did not have any afterthought whatsoever when it designed its shampoo bottle to be tear-shaped, and hence impossible to invert in position.

For this alone, I could only thank Herbal Essences endlessly for really thinking about us, collectively the consumer. After all, we are the ones who shell out our hard-earned dough, don’t we? So product manufacturers, please beware!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121101303831031/k2311a1021/10.21.10