Samsung Air Conditioner AW12PHB  » Electronics  »
  • This air-con is small, convenient for those who are on a tight budget but still willing to enjoy clean cold air
  • This is one of the best features because this type of appliance is purposely an aid to help those who have respiratory problems
  • I noticed something different after several months
  • Albeit the lack of anti-bacterial components, I like this air-con because it cools your place fast

• by ibizaspain

My room in our ancestral home is not that big. When I was shopping for an air-conditioner, I chose this product because of the size of my room. It was just enough and ideal for the electric consumption. Because of my sensitive respiratory system, my room should be air-conditioned. I also get irritated easily when the surrounding is warm. This air-con is small, convenient for those who are on a tight budget but still willing to enjoy clean cold air. However, there are some limitations it has.

Most of the air-cons now have anti-bacterial filters. This is one of the best features because this type of appliance is purposely

an aid to help those who have respiratory problems. We use air-conditioners to seal our surroundings from pollution and in order that the air we breath is clean. This model does not have anti-bacterial filter which is very important today. An air-conditioning unit distills the air to make it cool and clean. The old units have plain filtering system. it is easily clogged up and dust accumulates easily. The air we breath have pathogens which can also aggravates those with asthma or allergic rhinitis. This unit is not capable of preventing development of virus in the air. The tendency when dust is accumulated in the filter of the air-con, it can develop bacteria. This brand has “3M Filtrete”. This filter even if advance and performs 16% better, is not good in filtering air. This “3M Filtrete” has smaller filter screen, it is micro structured according to Samsung but it can only last for several months right after using it. Although this is more upgraded compared to ordinary air-con, you need to clean it every after two months because of bacteria. I noticed something different after several months. It cannot completely give you an asthma-free or allergy-free ambiance. I tested the air quality using a different gadget and it was not that clean and not completely free from ...

• Samsung Air Conditioner AW12PHB
      pathogens. This is just my complain from this product.

The buttons and functions are not digital and it does not have remote control. The temperature is controlled by numbers. When you go higher, the temperature becomes colder and warmer when the number decreases. The timer is easy to manage but the control can easily be damage. I noticed that it is susceptible from easily being detached. The control is not completely snug. Whenever I set the timer, it moves and this kind of quality will easily break in long run. It might result in completely rendering it inoperable like some brands.

Albeit the lack of anti-bacterial components, I

like this air-con because it cools your place fast. This particular brand uses powerful UTR compressor. This is subject to the space and how enclosed your surrounding is. It cools my room faster in less than 5 minutes. I noticed something different with it because my sister’s room has the same size with mine and she used a different brand. Hers takes so long before her room cools but it is shorter with this brand in my room.

I would salute Samsung’s technology in providing faster cooling temperature but there are things that this particular model lacks most importantly the anti-bacterial components which is very important in every air-con.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621101303670931/k2311a1021/10.21.10