Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I found a can of it at the local grocery store for $4.29 for a 9.7 oz
  • That sounded about average price for an all purpose cleaner, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try
  • I wouldn't run out and purchase this product again because I love it though
  • I would recommend this cleaner if you want to quickly run through the house for a clean up
  • I would not purchase it to do everyday cleaning because I think that specific cleaners for certain jobs gets the job done better

• by Dawn

I got tired of having a ton of different cleaners in my cupboard to do different jobs. I saw the commercials for Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner on the television and decided to give it a try to see if it really worked as well as they said that it did. I found a can of it at the local grocery store for $4.29 for a 9.7 oz. can of Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner. That sounded about average price for an all purpose cleaner, so I decided to go ahead and give it a try.

I used the Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner the next time I

was cleaning house. I took it at its word and used it on a number of different surfaces. I used it on my wood furniture, veneer furniture, cabinets, computer screen and everything else that you can imagine. I didn’t use it on the floors and walls, but I did use it for just about every other surface. I did like the cleaner for the most part. It helped keep the dust from settling back down on the furniture and did get the dirt and smudges off the surfaces that I cleaned. I still prefer to use Pledge Furniture Polish on the furniture though. The Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner seemed to leave a nice shine after I was done cleaning with it, but honestly, the shine didn’t stay long. It only stayed as long as it took the liquid to dry on the surface. I also found that there were often streaks left behind from the Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner. I didn’t care for that either.

The dust didn’t seem to hold to the cloth as much as my regular cleaners would have held it on to the cloth. I often found that there was still a lot of dust that had settled back down on the furniture ...

• Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner
      or other surfaces after I had dusted it well. I can’t say that all the dust resettled, but enough that it didn’t look like I had actually cleaned it. That defeats the purpose of cleaning in the first place. I wouldn’t run out and purchase this product again because I love it though. I would only purchase it to have around for fast clean up jobs for all over the house. Otherwise, I will use my regular cleaners instead.

I would recommend this cleaner if you want to quickly run through the house for a clean up. If you are doing a thorough

cleaning, I would suggest that you use the cleaners that are specifically made for each job. Though the Multi-Surface Cleaner did do the job well, it just didn’t do it the way that I liked it to be done best. As far as I can tell, it did a good job, just not the best job of getting it done. I might purchase this product again, but only for quicky cleaning jobs. I would not purchase it to do everyday cleaning because I think that specific cleaners for certain jobs gets the job done better. I liked the cleaner but I didn’t love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5321101303560931/k2311a1021/10.21.10