The Greatest Dot to Dot Series by David Kalvitis book
  • But then I noticed there are now Super Challenge books for adults
  • On some pages you follow compass directions--those are definitely my favorite
  • I like that the dot to dot activities in books 5 and 6 are fun and challenging even for adults--but not TOO challenging
  • But I enjoy doing them even after work when I am very tired
  • My only regret is that I did not order books 7 and 8

• by purr

One of my favorite things to do when I was a child was dot to dot. There was never enough of those pages! So when I became an elementary teacher, I gave dot to dot pages to my students; nobody ever turned up their noses at them. In fact, usually they cheered when I had new pages to hand out.

When I saw The Greatest Dot to Dot books, 1-4 by David Kalvitis, I knew I had to get them. I intended

these books for my students and could just imagine their smiles! But then I noticed there are now Super Challenge books for adults. So I added to my order, books 5 and 6 for myself.

I am having fun with these books for myself! You cannot tell–before working the dot to dot–what the end picture will be. There is also a variety from the regular dot to dot. Some pages have sets, some use letters or symbols. Some pages use odd/even numbers and others ask you to connect coordinates. Some pages are double, and you connect dots into the thousands! Sometimes you need to follow arrows to make the picture. On some pages you follow compass directions–those are definitely my favorite!

I like that the dot to dot activities in books 5 and 6 are fun and challenging even for adults–but not TOO challenging! They are sometimes tricky, and they take time. But I enjoy doing them even after ...

• The Greatest Dot to Dot Series by David Kalvitis book
      work when I am very tired. They are actually relaxing. I have worked on them during commercials while watching TV. The next time I have a doctor/dentist’s appointment, I will take along one of these books and enjoy my waiting room time.

Doing these Super Challenge books is helping me say no to snacking. I have found that it is difficult to eat and concentrate on these books at the same time. And, honestly, since I have to make a

choice, most of the time I choose to work in one of my Dot to Dot Super Challenge books instead of eating. Great dieting trick, huh?

With the coming of so much computer activity, I still often enjoy the old-fashioned way of doing things. In this case, I am enjoying the paper and pencil method instead of playing a computer game.

My only regret is that I did not order books 7 and 8. However, that can be easily taken care of!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1721101303270931/k2311a1021/10.21.10