MANHATTAN 2800 Acoustic Series Bluetooth Bookshelf Speaker System
  • I like portability so I could use them in other locations and not just have them restricted to one room

• by TravelingTech

I got these from a local computer dealer. I was looking for something that I could use in my workshop. I hate running cables and having to plug in cables to my MP3 player or laptop. I like portability so I could use them in other locations and not just have them restricted to one room. They are bigger than normal desktop speakers, but small enough to fit onto a shelf and not take up much room. They are attractive with white casing and a gloss black face-plate.

First and most importantly, they sound great! Most speakers their size rattles and vibrates when

the volume is turned up, or gets static distortion when the bass is used. These have handled all different volume levels without any distortion. I use them in my shop most of the time, but they are easy enough to move around that I am able to use them at the pool, bedroom or any other room of the house. They do not sound like cheap speakers, the sound is rich and is better than I expect for “computer peripheral” speakers.

While I have seen this touted as a “Wireless” speaker, this is not exactly true. There is a power cable, an audio ...

• in cable, and a cable that connects both speakers. What is focused on is the Bluetooth wireless connection. Most people run and hide when they think they have to configure Bluetooth, but these were easy to get hooked up and synchronized with my laptop, iPhone, and mp3 player. I mean it was simple! They do provide a connection that can be used if the device does not have Bluetooth, so it is not a “Bluetooth only” device. I have not used the input connection, but it is nice to know it is there if I do.

For the tech people out there,

it supports the A2DP protocol, so you get true stereo sound. I have used mine at a range of over 60 feet, which is more than enough for most installations. Each speaker has two drivers 7.6 cm (3 in.) and 2.54 cm (1 in.) in diameter. They are small but very powerful. I got mine on sale for about $80 USD, but I’ve seen prices going up to $100. Still not a bad buy when you think about how versatile these speakers are. These are great speakers, but I hated that they were so costly. Great product but I’m hoping the prices will go down.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1621101303220931/k2311a1021/10.21.10