Rohto Cool Redness Relieving and Lubricating Eye Drops  » Health  »
  • I stay up late at night and sometimes extend my work hours because I love the quiet ambience of early dawn
  • This happened almost regularly until I decided to tackle the problem by buying an eye drop from Rohto
  • I believe the cooling sensation actually prompts the eyes to produce more fluid to lubricate it
  • I strongly recommend the eye drops for fellow night owls whose strained eyes are always glued to their computers and generally, office people who slave away their time (and poor eyes) to work

• by jhunie

I have never gone as far as knowing what topical eye drops are there in the drugstore, besides the prescription solutions my ophthalmologist had recommended. Apart from the purpose of wearing and tending my corrective lenses, I have never found it essential to use eye drops for no apparent reason. I heard of this product from a colleague. I stay up late at night and sometimes extend my work hours because I love the quiet ambience of early dawn. I do plenty of things in front of my laptop with the lights turned off. One time, I went to the bathroom to do my night time vanity stuff and saw that one of my eyes appeared red and strained. I attributed it to the poor lighting which probably caused stress to my eyes. This happened almost regularly until I decided to tackle the problem by buying an eye drop from Rohto.

Rohto Cool is a lubricating solution for the eyes with extra perks. I bought it primarily to relieve the redness as the product says to address the problem as well. In my nocturnal hours, I use the eye drops to extend the clarity of my vision, aided with glasses, of course. The eye drops take time to soothe the redness in my eyes but it works. Whenever I get the urge to scratch my eye lids

or squint, it’s a sign that my eyes are feeling weary. The eye drops rejuvenate my vision. I feel more visually alert. My favorite part is the tingling, minty sensation occurring in the eyes. It’s aptly called cool because it delivers a minty burst to the eyes. It felt a little harsh for the first time. I believe the cooling sensation actually prompts the eyes to produce more fluid to lubricate it. I was teary eyed initially, but now I could withstand the minty feeling without smudging my eye liner. I love the lightness it gives to my eyes, as if it took away all the pressure off my eye lids. The refreshing effect lasts approximately an hour or more.

The packaging strongly imposed that it shouldn’t be used while wearing contacts. Rather, you can wear them only afterwards, about 15 minutes. I see the inconvenience to this if you happen to wear your contacts all the time, particularly those who might be dependent to them. Contacts dry up a lot and really need some lubricating. I usually wear glasses at home so this is where the eye drops become applicable. I have actually done this before, in the office, after a flash photography session. I waited more than a quarter of a minute, and then put back the lenses and my eyes ...

• felt reconditioned. I have not personally tried this theory: but I see the eye drop solution might relieve the excruciating pain of welders’ eyes contributed by the sparks, presumably. I reckon this happened to me once in shop class, back in high school. Yeah, even girls do this in trade school.

The cute teardrop shape of the bottle almost looks like a miniature flacon for a perfume. It deviates from those clinical vials of topical eye drops. What sets it apart substantially is the advantage of seeing its content, instead of an opaque plastic bottle. The rohto bottle is transparent so I can gauge how much I’ve consumed and the amount I have left. There are other variants of this product which I have yet to try, except for this one. I was told to sample the green one first because people say it’s considerably tolerable than the others. I’ve read the stronger eye drops sting and are going to make you cry like a wimp. There might be some truth to that tale, arctic and ice sell the least in my place so it may suggest that this specific eye drop called ‘cool’ suits most individuals. The apparent difference between the varieties of rohto eye drops is designated by the colors of the caps. Mine has a green color while the others have silver and blue

I suppose.

To dispense a drop or two, you just pull the plastic cap to reveal the nozzle. I despise eye drops that dispense too early; it sends a shock right through my eyes. It’s all about the right timing. This product was easy to apply and affords me a wee bit of time before I can dilate my eyes wide open. As soon as the cooling sensation arrives, you shift to the other eye right away. You’ll become a whiz at using eye drops eventually after some time. Also, pour the eye drops directly up close, very near so gravity doesn’t shoot down the eyes. This way, it’s much gentler and doesn’t bring out the eye’s protective reflex. I usually reach for the eye drops at night, most of the time, I needn’t have to reapply afterwards.

I’m looking forward to checking out rohto’s hydra soon. It’s another kind of eye drops, probably focused more on lubricating. And I’ll see how that will fare, compared to this one. I snagged the product at a low price (7 dollars). Granted nothing comes above this remarkable eye drop, I’ll certainly buy this again, and again. I strongly recommend the eye drops for fellow night owls whose strained eyes are always glued to their computers and generally, office people who slave away their time (and poor eyes) to work.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420101302790231/k2311a1020/10.20.10