Stein Mart  » Shopping  »
913 Old York Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
  • At the time, I was very curious to see whether the store would be as exciting and interesting as it was being advertised to be
  • Since then, I have only shopped at the store a handful of times, but I always find it to be a very leisurely and pleasant experience
  • I am also impressed at the extensive shoe department and the variety of choices that customers have there
  • I think my only compaint about the store is that I have never seen a children's department

• by Lisa Pellegrini

Stein Mart is a store that I only visit on a rare occasion, because I don’t live as close to it anymore. It is a very economical store, because it carries designer-brand merchandise at reduced prices. So if you are on a budget but want to buy special brand-name clothing and accessories, then you will save some money at Stein Mart. I started shopping there immediately after their highly anticipated grand opening several years ago. (That is when I was only living about fifteen minutes driving distance from the store.) At the time, I was very curious to see whether the store would be as exciting and interesting as it was being advertised

to be. Since then, I have only shopped at the store a handful of times, but I always find it to be a very leisurely and pleasant experience. Here is why.

The sales people never hang all over me and pressure me to buy something. They are courteous and make themselves available to me whenever I need assistance, but they don’t rush over to me as soon as I walk in the store. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that, because I absolutely hate when I am in a store and the sales person does not give me a chance to browse first. That makes me so nervous! When I am shopping,

• my state of mind is that I just want to be left alone for a little while to see if any of the merchandise catches my eye. And THEN the sales person can come up to me, or I will ask for help. And in Stein Mart, the sales people seem to understand that mentality. It’s like they really do respect the customer’s right to enjoy a relaxing shopping experience.

There is something for everyone at Stein Mart: a woman’s department, a men’s department, shoes, handbags, accessories, fashion jewelry, giftware, bath and body products, and even chocolates and sweets! How tempting is that? I particularly enjoy strolling through the bath and body area, and

I have purchased some deliciously scented hand creams. I am also impressed at the extensive shoe department and the variety of choices that customers have there. I think my only compaint about the store is that I have never seen a children’s department. I am not sure whether they have one. When I go on their website, I don’t see it mentioned there either.

But I think that women will have a very pleasurable shopping experience at Stein Mart, especially if they have families to care for and they are watching their pennies. So I hope a lot of women will read this review and take my recommendation to go there. And have fun shopping!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2420101302450231/k2311a1020/10.20.10