Hush, Hush book  » Books  »
0.5
  • I initially borrowed this book from my dorm mate because my cousin told me that it's a nice book
  • There are some scenes which are quite unrealistic, like the part where Patch and his supposed enemy are in the school, fighting one another

• by Katherine Rose

I hated this book. I hated the fact that the cover was so much better than the rest of the book. I initially borrowed this book from my dorm mate because my cousin told me that it’s a nice book. Well it’s not. Let me tell you why. First of all, the plot is just so bad. The story development was really so slow. In the back cover it said that this girl gets caught in the war between two supernatural sides

of some angel race and another that they inhabit. Well in the book you’d have to read more than half to actually get to that part of the story. Waste of time to read.

Another thing I hated about it is the weakness of the main character, whose forgettable name I have forgotten. She is helpless, makes wrong decisions, goes into situations that are so obviously dangerous and has some twisted way of thinking. And Patch, this fallen angel who falls in love with her ...

• but wants to kill her and take over her body, bla bla bla. His character is presented only in the very vague sense. Violent and unpredictable, shallow, like the rest of the story. There are some scenes which are quite unrealistic, like the part where Patch and his supposed “enemy” are in the school, fighting one another. Why weren’t there any guards in the school? Why were the doors all open, unlocked? Another thing that bothers me about this book is the
        lack of parental presence. The lead female’s friend is attacked, nothing happens. No parents are concerned, nothing gets done about the attack. Annoying.

This book is another example of the army of writers who are out there trying to ride on the Twilight premise of having some supernatural guy fall in love with a normal nondescript girl. Perfect for the average teen or preteen to imagine herself in. I’m glad I only borrowed the book and did not waste my money on yet another supernatural teen story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720101302260131/k2311a1020/10.20.10