Appleton Museum of Art of the College of Central Florida in Ocala Florida  » Art  »
4333 E Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34470-5000
  • One thing I really love about Appleton, and something I think vital for any museum, is that the pieces of art are vast in variety
  • I enjoyed leisurely walking through the museum and taking in all the different collections from different groups and cultures around the world
  • It is such a wonderful education experience that I hardly feel like I am there for an assignment

• by Susanna Frank

During the course of my college career, many of my professor’s have given assignments where they asked the class to visit the Appleton Museum of Art of the College of Central Florida in Ocala Florida to complete an art critique. It is safe to say that I have spent much time in that art museum, and in doing so, I have learned the beauty and wonder of art.

From the outside, this museum may not seem like anything grand, but that assumption couldn’t be any more false. Hidden almost by Florida’s wild life, it

is an easy place to miss if you are not positive of where you are going or if you are traveling with someone who has already been there. The parking lot of the museum has a large rectangular water fountain with stone elephants in the center, and the entrance is transparent with large doors and windows.

There are exhibits in this museum that are from various artist of all different styles such as African, American, Ancient, Asian, Contemporary, European, Islamic and Pre-Columbian. Not to mention the new exhibitions that are often open for ...

• viewing or the floor dedicated to works of art by Florida residence who are undergoing therapy for addictions or emotion problems or illness.

One thing I really love about Appleton, and something I think vital for any museum, is that the pieces of art are vast in variety. I enjoyed leisurely walking through the museum and taking in all the different collections from different groups and cultures around the world. It is such a wonderful education experience that I hardly feel like I am there for an assignment. Each piece of art tells a

story, and love reading the captions of each piece of art and imagining what the painting is trying to tell me.

Overall, this museum is a perfect place for school assignments, and can even prove to be fun for the whole family. They have discounts (for family and children and seniors and students) and I think that is so great. If ever you are in the area and can make it to Appleton Museum of Art, I would not hesitate to visit, tickets are sold at the door for an average fee of six dollars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1820101302120131/k2311a1020/10.20.10