Oilatum Soap Bar  » Baby care  »
4.3
  • I noticed when my daughter was handed to me that there were some few rashes and flaky or rather dry skin on her face and neck
  • I think it just leaves the skin moisturized
  • I was impressed that I saw a great improvement on her skin just after 2 days
  • I would definitely recommend this product to all the parents who are encountering the same skin problems on their children

• by reign

My daughter’s first bath was at the hospital where she was born and they’ve used a known general brand of liquid soap in the market. It was handed to me when we were about to be discharged. The nurse said that those were the remaining liquid soap for the baby that’s provided by the hospital for free. I noticed when my daughter was handed to me that there were some few rashes and flaky or rather dry skin on her face and neck. I don’t even have the slightest idea why she had those since I’m a first time mom. I called my mother to check and

said that those were just normal. So we went home, changed my daughter’s clothes to a comfortable romper as soon as we got home. Only to find out that there’s also rashes under her armpits and a small red dot with pus on one side.

I immediately consulted our pediatrician the next day and saw the rashes saying that it can be caused by the liquid soap that my daughter’s using while under the nursery’s care. The pediatrician recommended Oilatum bar soap to take care of my baby’s rashes. She said that she always recommends this soap to mothers who’s babies have sensitive skin or have skin problems ...

• and are getting good results from it.

The soap is oval in shape, pink in color and I can say perfume free. I suppose products that are for sensitive skin always comes unscented. Anyway, you can find this soap at any drug store, groceries or health and beauty store for around $4. So the next day, I took my daughter for a bath. What I did is to wet a wash cloth and rub the soap to make a lather. It’s easy to work into a lather and I felt that it’s a bit oily but not greasy at all. Even after you’ve washed it with water, my

baby’s skin still feels a little oily but not to the extent that it’s annoying. I think it just leaves the skin moisturized. I noticed that after a couple of days of using this soap, my daughter’s rashes were gone and has a smooth touch on her skin. No more flaky or dry skin on the face and neck plus no tiny red dot with pus under her armpit equals one happy mother.

I was impressed that I saw a great improvement on her skin just after 2 days. I would definitely recommend this product to all the parents who are encountering the same skin problems on their children.

mary joy almine says :

re : I noticed when my daughter was handed to me that there were some few rashes and flaky or rather dry skin on her face and neck
    Is this oilatum soap bar is good to use to my baby’s 1month old? Many rashes on the neck and pwet. .

Moses says :

This soap was discontinued by the manufacturer so I would not recommend that you get it because it may be expired if you do find it. I suggest you find an alternative for your baby’s rash. this goes without saying but sorry about what you are going through and I hope your child gets better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5420101302000131/k2311a1020/10.20.10