Vegas Vacation at Treasure Island  » Hotels  »
Treasure Island Hotel & Casino 3300 Las Vegas Boulevard South
  • So far in Vegas I have stayed the Luxor, Excalibur, Caesar’s Palace, and the Venetian during my trips to Sin City so I believe I have a pretty good idea what to expect with a Las Vegas hotel & casino
  • This resort fee surprisingly did not cover Internet access in the hotel, which I think is pretty cheap as it is included in almost any other $130/night hotels
  • We also tried out the Mimosa buffet Saturday morning, which cost $23 per person and if you are into Mimosas, is totally worth it
  • My friend was also very impressed that our hotel had a Starbucks on the way to the pool
  • Having had that first encounter with security I was then disappointed that at night there were only very occasionally security guards checking people for keys to enter the two elevators

• by keyestones

Treasure Island Hotel & Casino We decided to try www.priceline.com and put out an outrageously low bid of $130 per night for a weekend stay in Las Vegas which happened to fall on Columbus Day weekend/Canadian Thanksgiving. We received an email back saying our bid had been accepted by Treasure Island Hotel & Casino, which was great because we had yet to stay there.

So far in Vegas I have stayed the Luxor, Excalibur, Caesar’s Palace, and the Venetian during my trips to Sin City so I believe I have a pretty good idea what to expect with a Las Vegas hotel & casino.

We arrived at the hotel at about 3:30pm and checked in fairly quickly even though it was a holiday weekend and there were at least 30 people in line ahead of us. We were going to slip the Hotel Desk clerk a $20 for an upgrade because we were getting married the next day (10/9/10), but the Desk supervisor was standing right beside her so we nixed the idea and stayed with our king size bed regular room. They did warn us that we needed to pay (up front) for the $20.00 a day resort fee, which included access to the pool and two guest passes to the weight room/sauna/fitness area. This resort fee surprisingly did not cover Internet access in the hotel, which I think is pretty cheap as it is included in almost any other $130/night hotels.

We ended up being on the 12th floor, which was fine at first but our friends later checked in and were on the 15th floor, which

you need to get on a different elevator to access. Our room was large and the Ipod/radio worked well despite being about 1 hour behind and we could not figure out how to change it. Our bed was king size, we had a small coffee table and chair next to the window and we had a view to the back of the hotel, facing the mall across the street and the highway. The bathroom was big and had everything; the hairdryer and all plugs worked as they should.

We explored the casino and received a coupon to a restaurant/lounge called Kahunaville, which turned out to have terrible food, and expensive drinks. Even on a Friday afternoon there were no drink specials and hardly any people there. During the hour and a half we were there every now and then a DJ would shout into a microphone, “The loudest side of the bar gets shots in 20 minutes!”, which was kind of pathetic because there were only 10 people in the bar at the most AND we didn’t see any free shots.

We also ate at the Coffee shop for dinner that evening and were surprised at the service we received and how great the food was. The green tea (they brought honey for the tea without a specific requesting ) and the chicken noodle soup I ordered hit the spot and energized me late into the evening.

We also tried out the Mimosa buffet Saturday morning, which cost $23 per person and if you are into Mimosas, is totally worth it. I only had ...

• one that morning and we laughed at how the staff seemed to be circulating with the Mimosa pitchers more often than with the water pitchers. The fresh miniature donuts, the variety of salad options, the Chinese food provided were all outstanding. My friend was also very impressed that our hotel had a Starbucks on the way to the pool.

After brunch we decided to try out the pool/lounge area and were told one area was blocked off for a wedding but we were welcome to go anywhere else. It was a very busy scene and the music was varied and entertaining (including some rap/R&B tunes from the early 90’s!). The water was very cold so we didn’t end up staying in the pool long (there were not many adults in the pool, mostly children, which made the vibe of the pool area less entertaining). The hot tub was really busy, so we didn’t bother with it. The beach chairs were adequate, although I wondered how often they get wiped down or cleaned as some of them had seen better days. We didn’t inquire as to how much the cabanas were but no one was using them while we were there.

We didn’t check out the Christian Audigier nightclub in the hotel, and when we walked by Kahunaville and Gilley’s cowboy bar, it didn’t seem to fit our nightlife vibe. Gilley’s was obnoxious because of its proximity to one of the entrances. We did spend some time playing Blackjack and the slots at our hotel each night and day, and the services for

drinks while gambling was very poor.

Saturday evening I went up to our room (separate elevator and all) to retrieve a camera battery charger and was surprised to find my key didn’t work. Randomly there happened to be a housekeeper down the hallway, so I approached her and asked her to help me out. She directed me to a security officer, who just happened to be on that floor at the same time I needed help. This was the first time I had seen any security up on the floors so I was glad to see that. Because my name was not on the room (It was under my fiance’s name), she was not able to let me into the room. She did tell me that the Treasure Island room keys are demagnetized by any close proximity to cellphones, and that it would somehow re-magnetize in 30 minutes. Throughout the weekend we continued to cross our fingers and pray whenever we tried to enter our room, it seemed like it took three tries for the key to work.

Having had that first encounter with security I was then disappointed that at night there were only very occasionally security guards checking people for keys to enter the two elevators. Comparing this service to the Venetian, where they are vigilant about checking every time, all day, I felt this was lacking at Treasure Island.

All in all, I would stay at TI again if there was a really great deal, but it didn’t have much nightlife or much service when you were gambling or much security at night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 220101301980131/k2311a1020/10.20.10