Michelina’s Shrimp Egg Rolls
  • I enjoyed the pieces of tasty shrimp so much that I was wishing there would have been more of it, but to be fair, for such a cheap price, the amount of shrimp that comes in the package is reasonable
  • I think the sauce was just right in richness because I could still taste the flavors of the foods while enjoying the sweet and sour sauce itself

• by CirclingCanvas

I was pleasantly surprised by the flavor and texture of Michelina’s Shrimp Egg Rolls. I didn’t think these egg rolls would be that good, but I was willing to give them a try since this frozen meal was on special for just one dollar. For one dollar, I felt that I didn’t have much to lose, except for of course the dollar and a decent meal the night that I planned on having this frozen dinner. I was wrong though to think that way and perhaps it was in part due to my low expectations for this frozen dinner, but it actually exceeded my expectations and left me feeling

satisfied and full.

First of all, the shrimp is really the star of this frozen dinner. I liked how flavorful the shrimp was and it was pretty tender, too. The shrimp may not have tasted quite as good as the shrimp served at Red Lobster, but it wasn’t bad at all for being frozen and packaged as a part of an inexpensive frozen dinner. I enjoyed the pieces of tasty shrimp so much that I was wishing there would have been more of it, but to be fair, for such a cheap price, the amount of shrimp that comes in the package is reasonable. The cabbage, water chestnuts. carrots, bell ...

• peppers and celery all further contributed to the overall flavor of this meal and I liked how tasty the bell peppers and water chestnuts were. The water chestnuts were the crunchiest part of this meal and I enjoyed eating something crunchy considering how everything else was relatively soft. Everything had sort of a sweet and sour flavor to it because of the sweet and sour sauce that coated the shrimp and vegetables. I think the sauce was just right in richness because I could still taste the flavors of the foods while enjoying the sweet and sour sauce itself.

This turned out to be a delightfully satisfying meal that was

loaded with all sorts of flavors and proved to be filling. After I finished the meal, I made a note to buy it again the next time I was at the store since I enjoyed it as much as I did. This is easily one of my all-time favorites from Michelina’s because of the quality of the ingredients and the value. It’s ready in just minutes and the whole time I’m eating the meal, I’m enjoying the tenderness and tastiness of the shrimp, the flakiness of the egg rolls. the freshness of the vegetables and the flavorful sweet and sour sauce. This frozen dinner easily gets a “10″ rating from me!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2719101301940831/k2311a1019/10.19.10