Rimmel Glam Eyes Volume Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • I would recommend the Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara, but only as an every day mascara, rather than one for when you want to look particularly glamorous
  • What I mean is that although I think this is a great mascara, the effect is just not as dramatic as Rimmel promise it will be
  • I like this mascara for every day use and it could of course still look good if you go out at night, but all I am saying is that it is not as dramatic as other mascaras I have used

• by jeanne71

I would recommend the Rimmel Glam Eyes mascara, but only as an every day mascara, rather than one for when you want to look particularly glamorous. What I mean is that although I think this is a great mascara, the effect is just not as dramatic as Rimmel promise it will be. We all know that when we use these products on our own eyes they never look the same as in the adverts on the brand website - and then we notice that in small lettering there is mention of the fact that false eyelash inserts have been used on the model, so I do not expect miracles but I have tried

more dramatic mascaras than this in the past. This mascara makes my lashes look long (although they are long anyway to be honest) and they have a flattering curl to them (but my lashes are pretty curly anyway) and it does thicken up my lashes (no, my lashes are not naturally thick!) certainly. But, if I want a dramatically glamorous look I would go for other brands I have tried before (the names of which escape me at the moment). This mascara is not as dramatic as it promises, but it is a very good mascara for every day wear.

I do really like the wand/brush with this mascara as it allows me to catch the eyelashes in the corners of my eyes, which I sometimes find difficult with some mascaras. The brush part is rather flexible and there are lines of tiny bristles going down it, which does add up to a brush that gives great coverage and which catches all the lashes from root to tip. The fact that it covers well is a big help in making my lashes look thicker for a start. Then, I find that I can build up the thickness to my lashes, working on each eye and building it up. It builds up pretty well without clumping, as long as I keep brushing away whilst the ...

• Rimmel Glam Eyes Volume Mascara
      mascara is still wet. The result is that my lashes are fully coated and look long, curly and thicker than usual. As my lashes are a bit on the thin side I can say that this mascara makes my lashes much more noticeable and makes my eyes look more opened up, which is good as I often have to disguise the effects of a late night.

This particular mascara is not waterproof (I do not think that Rimmel produce a waterproof version) and it lasts pretty well all day looking much the same as in the morning, but maybe if I was going out I would want to touch up the tips of my

lashes with some more possibly. It is pretty easy to remove though. I usually wash my face with face wash first and then remove the panda eyes look with some eye make-up remover but it does not take a lot of work to remove it and I only need to use one cotton pad for it.

I like this mascara for every day use and it could of course still look good if you go out at night, but all I am saying is that it is not as dramatic as other mascaras I have used. It does not really give the ‘sensational volume’ that the website promises so do not expect miracles from this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119101301920831/k2311a1019/10.19.10