Cesar’s Way by Cesar Milan book  » Books  »
  • I thought that from the title it was more of a biography and not necessarily about the dogs
  • Mexicans treat their dogs like dogs, here in America we tend to spoil them and consider them to be like people
  • He also started as a groomer, which is interesting

• by squishlette

I actually read this book after reading his second book. I thought that from the title it was more of a biography and not necessarily about the dogs. In Be the Pack Leader, he makes several references to this book so I gave in and got one.

The first part of the book was what I thought, a biography. But the rest of the book turned out to be exactly what I needed.

He starts off by explaining how he grew up in Mexico and how

the animals were treated. It upsets me that dogs aren’t cared for as much as they are here, but the funny thing is that the dogs respect the people in Mexico more.

Mexicans treat their dogs like dogs, here in America we tend to spoil them and consider them to be like people. It’s hard to do, but I had to stop thinking of my dog as my baby and start thinking of him as a dog.

Cesar had a rough time getting started, and ...

• that has increased me interest in him, as if I needed anything other than how awesome he was. He came to American with only 100 bucks and now look at him.

He had to rely on the trust of strangers to help him, he calls these people his angels which was really true. I would not have put my faith in him if it was my money.

He is also brutally honest, admitting that he came to America illegally. But he does state that he has

paid all the fines and has become a US citizen.

He also started as a groomer, which is interesting. But it makes sense, by learning about dog behavior he was able to calm the hyper dogs enough to be groomed well.

Then he slowly moved into training more from word of mouth. From there his business boomed.

This book is an excellent reference for all dog owners. I would think that it would make an interesting book report for kids too.

Give them someone to look up to.

Cory Owens says :

re : He also started as a groomer, which is interesting
    It didn’t sound like a biography to me. It sounded more like someones way of doing something.

Cory Owens says :

re : He also started as a groomer, which is interesting
    I know that I do treat my dogs like they are my kids. I know of a lot of people in America who considers their dogs as part of the family.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1719101301680831/k2311a1019/10.19.10