Cold Stone Creamery  » Restaurants  »
1 Pudong Xinqu, Shanghai, China
  • As she was mixing it, I saw that adding some more Mix-Ins (additional ingredients like Kit Kat, Heath, Brownie, etc) cost only 2 RMB
  • And I was happy, in fact, more than happy with my Chocolate Devotion with Heath and Mallows
  • I loved my experience in Cold Stone Creamery

• by mod

When I went to the nearby Super Brands Mall in Shanghai, I got so tired from walking around the mall that I craved for something worth pigging out for. I wanted something sweet. I wanted ice cream. I wanted the perfect, custom blended ice cream. I suddenly remembered that there was a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream shop just a block away.

Cold Stone Creamery in the Shanghai is just conveniently located a block away from the Super Brands Mall. I just had to take the pedestrian bridge to go up (with a nice view of the Shanghai TV Tower) and cross the street. The Cold Stone creamery is just beside the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. Great location especially after going through the Aquarium kids will surely love to have some ice cream.

My husband and I got into the

Cold Stone Creamery and there were a lot of tables for us to choose from. Apparently today the creamery was not filled with people (not like the other branch in the mall). The whole Creamery looked homey and clean. I was greeted by the sales person who at first thought did not speak any English. However I was surprised when I spoke to her and ordered what I wanted. I chose their Signature Creations. My husband chose the Founder’s Favorite (made of Sweet Cream Ice Cream, Pecans, Brownie, Fudge and Caramel) for about 48 RMB (LOVE IT SIZE – I guess this is their Medium size). I chose the Chocolate Devotion (made of Choco Ice Cream, Choco Chips, Brownie and Fudge) in the same LOVE IT Size. Both of our orders were placed in a waffle bowl with Chocolate dip ...

• (about 5 RMB) and placed in a cup. She then proceeded to mix everything that I said over a flat surface. I watched in awe as she mixed in the brownie. At that point, I felt I had to add some more ingredients. As she was mixing it, I saw that adding some more Mix-Ins (additional ingredients like Kit Kat, Heath, Brownie, etc) cost only 2 RMB. So before she finished mixing everything, I told her to add 2 additional Mix-in ingredients. I added Heath bar and small mallows. I saw her break a Heath bar into half. She then proceeded to put the other half (about 3 inches long) in the mixing table along with the ice cream and other ingredients. I also saw her get a spoonful of the mallows and add it with the rest of the
        group.

Okay so the price is a little steep but I really did not care. We did not have Cold Stone Creamery in the Philippines so I just had to grab this opportunity to eat and enjoy my food. I then ate the goodness that my husband and I ordered. With the ice cream not being too sweet or not having too strong flavors, the mix-ins had the chance to bring out their individual flavors. I was not a Pecan lover but the Founder’s Favorite signature creation mix brought out the great taste of Pecans. And I was happy, in fact, more than happy with my Chocolate Devotion with Heath and Mallows.

I loved my experience in Cold Stone Creamery. Service was great, the place was clean and orderly and their signature creations are great. I just wished they had a branch here in the Philippines.

Cold Stone Creamery

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 719101301640831/k2311a1019/10.19.10