Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash - Clarifying Cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • After a bit of search, I found a seller on eBay selling all of the Alpha Hydrox skin care products and bought the foaming face wash clarifying cleanser for a hefty $15.50 for the 6fl
  • The cost of the cleanser was only $6.50 and the rest of the amount was for shipping
  • The product also stated that although the wash is designed for all skin types, the ones with oily or problem-prone skin will truly benefit from this clarifying cleanser, and that the rich foaming wash leaves skin at the proper pH
  • It kind of smells like stale coconut or something like that but is definitely not strong and not something that would be a cause of worry
  • But this is not going to become by favourite cleanser just because I am not happy with how oily my skin gets

• by true_value

The Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash is not available in my country not had I ever heard about it. I just happened to come across it on the internet while browsing for skin care products for oily and sensitive skin. I was surprised to find that this is not a new product but it is something that has been around for many years in the US and seems to have withstood the test of time and a lot of users seem to be extremely happy with it.

I haven’t seen much talk about it but perhaps it is one of those cleansers that are not advertised hugely. After a bit of search, I found a seller on eBay selling all of the Alpha Hydrox skin care products and bought the foaming face wash clarifying cleanser for a hefty $15.50 for the 6fl.oz (177ml) bottle. The cost of the cleanser was only $6.50 and the rest of the

amount was for shipping.

The face wash came in a reddish pink box package which seems to be the trademark color of Alpha Hydrox products. The cleanser was in a frosty white plastic bottle with the same pinkish red cap. The cleanser claims to be suitable for all skin types and is Soap-free, Fragrance-free, pH balanced and Oil-free.

It claims to gently cleanse while maintaining skin’s moisture level, safely and effectively removes eye makeup, removes impurities and environmental pollutants, rich foaming lather rinses clean, leaving no irritating residue and that it leaves skin feeling soft, smooth and fresh and never dry.

The product also stated that although the wash is designed for all skin types, the ones with oily or problem-prone skin will truly benefit from this clarifying cleanser, and that the rich foaming wash leaves skin at the proper pH. Well, It seemed to be the perfect solution for my overly oily yet sensitive skin and I couldn’t wait ...

• to wash my face with it.

The cleanser has a medium consistency and is pearly while in color, it really foams a lot and feel silky smooth on the skin which makes it a pleasure to use. But I didn’t like its smell that much. It is fragrance-free and that is why the smell. It is the smell of the ingredients that goes into it. It kind of smells like stale coconut or something like that but is definitely not strong and not something that would be a cause of worry. The foam removes all makeup as claimed and does not sting the eyes one bit.

It also rinses easily and skin feels refreshed after wash and not tight or dry. I however didn’t see any decrease in the oiliness of my skin but good thing is it also didn’t break me out. It very much reminds me of the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Face Wash just that this

one foams better than the Neutrogena cleanser.

As per the directions I have been using the cleanser morning and evening everyday for the past couple of weeks. I do not see a noticeable difference in my skin texture or oiliness. The good thing about the cleanser is that it doubles up as a makeup remover and cleanser in one and it is good to know that I am using something that is gentle and safe for my skin. But I feel that I need a cleanser that would actually help balance the oil production. In fact I sometimes feel that this cleanser is making my skin oilier.

I am quite happy with the cleanser as I have not gotten a single breakout from using it and some of my existing pimples seem to be drying out faster. But this is not going to become by favourite cleanser just because I am not happy with how oily my skin gets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119101301610831/k2311a1019/10.19.10