Walgreens Heavy Duty AAA General Use Batteries
  • Although I've never had a problem with a package of these batteries, I do feel good knowing that these batteries come with the Walgreens guarantee
  • This is one store brand product that definitely measures up just fine with the name brand products

• by CirclingCanvas

Walgreens Heavy Duty AAA General Use Batteries come in a six pack for two dollars and ninety-nine cents. They’re much cheaper than the Energizer and Duracell brands and they seem to work almost as long if not as long as the name brand batteries. Quality and value are the two reasons that I purchase these batteries that sell under the Walgreens brand. I can even get them cheaper at times when Walgreens puts these batteries and other Walgreens brand batteries on sale. I can sometimes even get them for just ninety-nine cents a pack! When they’re that cheap, I load up, and why not, the batteries work fine whether I use them on the same day that I purchased them or several months after. On the front of the package, there’s text that reads, “Not

recommended for high drain devices”, but I don’t know what a high drain device is, and everything that I’ve used these batteries for has worked just fine for several months. I’ve used the batteries for clocks, radio and CD players, remotes and more, and I don’t find myself having to replace the batteries more often than had I used a name brand battery. Whatever a “high drain device” is, I haven’t run across one yet in the years that I’ve been buying and using these store brand batteries.

Although I’ve never had a problem with a package of these batteries, I do feel good knowing that these batteries come with the Walgreens guarantee. What the Walgreens guarantee is is if I’m not completely satisfied with the performance and quality of the batteries, I can return them ...

• to a local Walgreens and either get my money back or exchange them for another pack. If I ever do end up with a pack of batteries from Walgreens that don’t seem to be working well, I can just return to a Walgreens with the knowledge that they’ll remedy the problem. As I said though, I’m always pleased with these batteries. They provide ample juice for whatever electronic device I place them in that takes AAA batteries and they last for months. The batteries are easy to remove from the pack and always appear in perfect shape. This is one store brand product that definitely measures up just fine with the name brand products. I don’t attempt to recharge batteries after they die, so I don’t know if the Walgreens batteries can be recharged as
        effectively or at all compared to the name brand batteries. I do know that, according to the back of the package, attempting to recharge these batteries will result in a voiding of the Walgreens guarantee.

I’m perfectly satisfied with the quality and value of these batteries. In my eyes, they’re just as dependable and good as the name brand batteries. I can get them for less money than the name brand batteries and so I do because even those the price tag is smaller, the quality of the batteries don’t suffer and the number of batteries is the same as in the Duracell and Energizer packs, so the quantity doesn’t suffer due to the lower price, either. These batteries work and they work well, so I’m rating them a solid “10″. Every time they’re on sale, I load up!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1619101301460731/k2311a1019/10.19.10