Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
  • I like the special gel formula that Bobbi has created here

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I do not wear eye make-up very often, because I have an eye condition called blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelids). But this gel eyeliner was offered as a bonus with purchase at the Bobbi Brown counter at Bloomingdale’s, and I am a Bobbi Brown lover. So I didn’t mind making a purchase to get this, even though I realized that I probably would not use it too often.

This gel eyeliner comes in a little pot, and you need to use a fine eyeliner brush to apply it. It goes without saying that if you want your eyes to have a more subtle look, then you only need to apply

a few gentle strokes of eyeliner. If you are going for a bolder and more dramatic look, then you need to dip the brush more heavily and more frequently into the pot. I only like to wear eyeliner on the lower rim below my eye, as opposed to the rim above my eye and the inner rim below my eye. (The thought of wearing it on the inner rim makes me very nervous, as the make-up is so close to the eye and can accidentally go in the eye. In turn, that may cause an infection.) I like the special gel formula that Bobbi has created here. I would ...

• say that it sort of has the texture of a marker pen. It has staying power in that it is tear-proof. I say that because one day when I was wearing it, I shed a few tears and wouldn’t you know it? The eyeliner stayed put! It did not smear or streak down my cheeks. So it is a long-lasting and very wearable eyeliner. And the pigmentation is good and strong. This is no shy eyeliner. It wants to be noticed. So as I said, if you want a subtle look, then go easy with the brush as you dip it into the pot.

The only negative comment I can

make about this eyeliner is that you need to get two items out of your make-up bag whenever you want to put it on, as opposed to pulling out just one fuss-free eyeliner pencil. But since I don’t wear eye make-up too often anyway, it is not that much of a hassle for me. The other drawback here is that the eyeliner brush is not included with the purchase of the eyeliner. You need to buy the brush separately. But if you are curious to try an eye liner that has a different texture from the usual eyeliner pencil, then you may want to try this one. Keep ‘em coming, Bobbi!

Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119101301350731/k2311a1019/10.19.10