Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
  • I thought it was too oily and it left a greasy residue on my face

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This Clinique moisturizing lotion is so insanely popular that “every four seconds, one is sold somewhere in the world.” I may not be correct about those exact numbers, but I remember reading some astonishing phrase like that somewhere. Well, I will tell you that when I first became introduced to it, I did not like it very much. I thought it was too oily and it left a greasy residue on my face. That is one reason why I shied away from moisturizer

in general for so long. I have combination skin, so I was always worried that any moisturizer at all would only make my T-zone area (the nose and chin) oilier looking than it already is.

But I recently tried the Dramatically Different lotion again after receiving it as part of a gift with purchase, and I was surprised at the results. It did not leave my face greasy this time. It absorbed well into my skin, even if I put a little too ...

• much on. (I have a habit of putting a few dots of lotion on my forehead, a few on each cheek, and just a touch on my nose.) So I am curious to know whether Clinique changed the formula for this lotion, although I can’t understand why they would, considering that it was so popular when it had the previous formula. But I am glad that I am noticing a difference in it, because now I feel more comfortable about using it. I
        don’t need to worry that I will put it on and then end up with a shiny face.

The other upside to this lotion is that it is the most affordable moisturizer that Clinique carries (along with the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is very similar but is oil-free and has a translucent texture and appearance). So for women who are interested in department-store cosmetics, they may in interested in purchasing this lotion–or at least in getting a sample of it when Clinique offers a gift-with-purchase promotion.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119101301170731/k2311a1019/10.19.10