Alka-Seltzer Cold Effervescent Tablets  » Medicine  »
2.5
  • The fizziness of the Alka-Seltzer just gives a welcome break to that same old boring routine
  • This is very convenient because it makes it easy to just grab some if you have to go to work with a cold
  • The medicine does dissolve quickly, I think that it only takes a few seconds to actually be fully dissolved and ready to drink
  • I would recommend this if you are looking for a cold medicine that will help relieve body aches, but also has a different texture

• by webgirl40

Alka Seltzer has always been a staple medicine around my parent’s home. I remember that it used to be all my father would take for any illness that he had. Now that I am older, I do not necessarily use it all the time, but I will use it in emergencies if I have nothing else in the house. The main reason for this is just because Alka Seltzer is different. Every time that I get sick I always get the same regimen of medicines, you know it is either liquids, pills, or cough drops. Sometimes I get so sick of the same old thing. The fizziness of the Alka-Seltzer just gives a welcome break to that same old boring routine.

I usually buy only a small box every once in awhile if I am out. Each box contains

around 18-20 tablets and they are sealed in separate little packages. I get them at Walmart for about a little over $5.00 a box. This is very convenient because it makes it easy to just grab some if you have to go to work with a cold. The only thing that I do not really like about the packaging is how tough the little packets are to open. The wrapper around the little tablets is thick so unless you have a pair of scissors or a pocket knife they may be a little difficult to open.

The medicine does dissolve quickly, I think that it only takes a few seconds to actually be fully dissolved and ready to drink. The flavor is pretty nasty too me though. It kind of tastes a little like watered down chalk that has ...

• been ground into a fine powder. I have learned though that if you drink it while it is fizzy then you really can not taste it. I do not know if the bubbles do something to your taste buds or what, but it is pretty easy to get down while fizzy.

I guess it works, but it really is not my favorite medicine. It does not give any sense of instant relief. It has no warming or colling sensation as you drink it. That is something that I require from a cold medicine, I must be able to feel it working on my throat as I drink it. It does start to work really well after about 20 minutes though. I have found that it works best for headaches and body ached due to a cold. It

does knock out some congestion, but it is marginal at best. Like I said before, the only real reason that I have it is for the difference in texture and because it is so easy to grab. I really do not think that Alka Seltzer alone could treat a cold, I would much rather have TheraFlu or something.

I still keep this around for emergencies when I have nothing else, but if I run out it is not one of those medicines to which I feel the need to immediately replenish. I would recommend this if you are looking for a cold medicine that will help relieve body aches, but also has a different texture. This will do the trick, but you must drink it while fizzy and expect to wait about 20 minutes for any results.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2619101300910731/k2311a1019/10.19.10