Scope Outlast Long Lasting Mint Mouthwash
  • So, I was happy that he at least chose a bottle that was attractive looking
  • That’s one of the best features of Scope Outlast in my opinion
  • When I look closer, I notice underneath that in small print it says 5 times longer vs
  • The thing is that while it is just as tall as one liter bottles, I noticed it does not hold the same volume of mouthwash
  • It works about the same in my opinion when compared with the other major brands

• by Scarlet Hughes

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

My boyfriend brought home is own mouthwash. He tends to leave things out on the counter. Sigh. One of my pet peeves is things like ugly mouthwash containers left out on the bathroom counter tops. So, I was happy that he at least chose a bottle that was attractive looking. That’s one of the best features of Scope Outlast in my opinion. Between the shape of the bottle and the flower shaped cap it looks sort of like a perfume bottle. Normally, I insist that those sorts of things be hidden away in a cupboard or medicine cabinet. I really don’t mind looking this bottle; it actually looks almost nice. Yes, Scope scores some points with me here for style.

The taste is pretty nice too. The flavor is pleasant and it doesn’t sting my mouth too much. Between the pretty emerald green color and the mild taste it reminds me of

when I used to use Listerine’s Soft Mint flavor mouthwash years ago. The taste of Scope Outlast is very good. I like it. At the same time it’s really nothing new or out of the ordinary to me.

On the negative side, there are a number of things that are misleading with this mouthwash. The name of the mouthwash and just about everything they print on the label is deceptive. It says my breath will feel fresh up to five times longer. That to me implies that it outlasts other mouthwashes. When I look closer, I notice underneath that in small print it says 5 times longer vs. brushing alone. I don’t know, Scope. That’s just a little bit shady. I have my own mouthwash, and I did not buy this one so I guess this discovery doesn’t affect me too much. However, if I’d bought this mouthwash on the basis ...

• of it lasting longer, or hoping it would be some miracle halitosis cure I would’ve been pretty annoyed. I’ve tried this mouthwash a few times and it seems to work about the same as other mouthwashes I have used in the past. It doesn’t seem to last an especially long time.

Another thing that could mislead consumers is the bottle itself. The bottle appears sizable and was a couple dollars cheaper than some similar sized bottles when I was pricing mouthwash at Walgreen’s. It makes it appear as though you’re saving money by buying it. The thing is that while it is just as tall as one liter bottles, I noticed it does not hold the same volume of mouthwash. It only contains 750mls. I guess that’s because of the unusual shape of the Scope Outlast bottle, but I’m a bit of a stickler for discrepancies like that. It makes a difference to

those of us on a budget. My point is, you’re not necessarily saving the amount of money you might think by choosing this mouthwash.

Still, it’s not as though the price is out of line. I think by volume it’s actually few cents cheaper than Listerine. I think Scope always was just a hair cheaper. Anyway, the real reasons to buy this particular Scope mouthwash in my opinion are the pleasant taste and the pretty bottle. That is, it won’t be an eyesore when left out on your countertop, if that matters to you. While I can recommend this mouthwash for those reasons, I don’t see any reason to recommend it as a long lasting mouthwash. Nothing about it suggests to me that it outperforms other mouthwashes. It works about the same in my opinion when compared with the other major brands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3418101300780131/k2311a1018/10.18.10