Panadol Extra Tablets (10 Pack)  » Medicine  »
  • It was only after I checked my body temperature using my thermometer that I learned that I had a high fever
  • I bought the 10 tabs pack that costs around HKD 22.50
  • While I had the fever, I did not experience any headaches normally associated with it, possibly because of the Panadol Extra
  • I think taking 2 tablets can be a little strong because after 1 hour or so I was really sweating out and my fever went away quicker than expected
  • One thing I noticed is that I could not sleep at night when I really need to

• by mod

One night after coming from a very exhausting day at work, I took a shower and was getting ready for bed when I felt really, really cold. It was really cool at that time but I was really cold and I was shivering. It was only after I checked my body temperature using my thermometer that I learned that I had a high fever. My fever was up to 39 degrees Celsius and probably my temperature was still going up because I was still having the chills.

I immediately got a hold of our Panadol Extra tablets from our medicine cabinet. Panadol has Paracetamol and Caffeine with every tablet. One

tablet contains 500mg Paracetamol and 50mg Caffeine. I bought the 10 tabs pack that costs around HKD 22.50. There are other tab packs that contain 12’s, 20’s and even 30’s but I do not have their prices handy.

Panadol contains Paracetamol which helps in alleviating the pain of headache, migraine, fever, toothache, pain caused by cold and flu, dysmenorrhea, muscle and nerve pain. For adults and children above 12 years of age, the dosage required is 1 to 2 tablets every 4 hours. This medication can be taken with or without food because it does not irritate the stomach. Although this is a good medication that could cure a lot of problems, this is contraindicated for people with kidney and liver failure problems. This is also contraindicated for pregnant and lactating women. It is still best to consult a doctor for proper treatment.

Since I had a high temperature and had chills because of my fever, I took 2 tablets right away before going to bed. It took me 2 to 3 hours before my fever went down to the normal 36.8 Celsius body temperature. While I had the fever, I did not experience any headaches normally associated with it, possibly because of the Panadol Extra. I just went on to watch television while resting and lying in bed.

• Panadol Extra Tablets (10 Pack)
      I did not take the medication when I did not have fever.

I had on and off fever for the next 2 days. I just kept on taking Panadol Extra and my fever would subside but then after a few hours would come back again. I later found out I had systemic viral infection after a series of blood exams.

Panadol Extra works as promised. I tried to take 1 tablet during one febrile episode but for some reason it took forever before my temperature went back to normal. So I stuck to taking 2 tablets at the same time. I think taking 2 tablets can be a little

strong because after 1 hour or so I was really sweating out and my fever went away quicker than expected. Since Panadol Extra can be taken with or without food, this is good if I take it at the wee hours of the morning because I would not need to get something to eat before taking this medication. It makes it a less of a hassle.

One thing I noticed is that I could not sleep at night when I really need to. I think it is caused by the added caffeine. I figured this is the only possible reason why I was having trouble sleeping. Otherwise I have no problems with Panadol Extra.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618101300600131/k2311a1018/10.18.10