Singer Magic Press 6 Electronic Ironing Machine  » Housewares  »
  • In all these years, there has never been a problem with it and it is still in perfect working order
  • I inherited this ironing machine and, as someone who absolutely hates ironing, I think it is fantastic and an absolute must for anyone who has a lot of ironing to do
  • This particular model does not have a steaming facility and I know some of the later models now do, but I find this one works perfectly well and I personally do not feel the need for any extra help by means of steam
  • I know this cost a couple of hundred quid back in the day which is obviously expensive for an iron but I really would say that it is worth it
  • Doing my laundry no longer stresses me out and I even quite like doing the ironing now, so I would recommend this totally

• by jeanne71

My parents bought this Singer Magic Press 6 ironing machine many years ago, maybe 15 years or so. In all these years, there has never been a problem with it and it is still in perfect working order. I inherited this ironing machine and, as someone who absolutely hates ironing, I think it is fantastic and an absolute must for anyone who has a lot of ironing to do. I actually do not have a lot of ironing, I just have my own stuff to iron, but as I hate ironing, I just love this machine.

I think I hate ironing so much because I find it rather difficult to get good results for some reason. I can just about cope with ironing jeans but I find a lot of things really fiddly to iron and things always end up with creases even if I have tried to

put a lot of work into it. The wonderful thing about this machine is that you can iron a large surface area just in one ‘press’ of the machine and it comes out perfectly. It has two ironing surfaces which clamp the item to be ironed as though it is making a sandwich, with the two ironing surfaces to and bottom of the item. Say you are ironing a shirt, you just flatten the shirt out on the bottom plate of the press and arrange it how you want it to be ironed ie. Straighten the collar and the shoulders out etc. You then pull the upper plate down with the lever and the lever will lock down. There is a dial with different settings for different types of material and the corresponding correct temperature - cotton, nylon etc - and after you have locked the lever, you ...

• basically just wait for the buzzer to go off, which is like an alarm to make sure the items get pressed properly but to also ensure that you do not burn the item. You then just pull the lever up again and the item will be perfectly pressed.

I cannot find a tape measure to measure it for this review but you can iron the top part of a shirt down to the bust area, together with the shoulders, in one press. You then just move the shirt and iron the arms and then move the shirt down to press the bottom part. Ironing shirts is my pet hate but I really like how all those fiddly bits to iron on a shirt are pressed in one fell swoop. Instead of fiddling around with the collar, just one clamp in between the machine and the collar comes out perfectly.

Obviously this machine is great for bedding too as it covers such a large surface area.

This particular model does not have a steaming facility and I know some of the later models now do, but I find this one works perfectly well and I personally do not feel the need for any extra help by means of steam. I know this cost a couple of hundred quid back in the day which is obviously expensive for an iron but I really would say that it is worth it. I cannot even stand doing my own ironing so I admire people (usually women) who have to iron everything for their family. I think this Magic Press is an absolute must that will make your life so much easier. Doing my laundry no longer stresses me out and I even quite like doing the ironing now, so I would recommend this totally.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5318101300540131/k2311a1018/10.18.10