Mega Bloks 80 piece Maxi Block Bag  » Games  »
  • I probably would buy the blocks again because I think that all children should have these as a learning and development tool
  • They don't get played with nearly often enough, but they didn't cost that much to begin with so I still got my money's worth from them
  • I would recommend the building blocks for all children for the learning benefits

• by Dawn

Kids love to use building blocks and it helps them develop fine motor skills. I purchased the Mega Bloks 80 piece Maxi Block Bag from Walmart for $20.00, which was a great buy. The set of blocks has large blocks in it so that it is easy for the smallest of children to handle. It also prevents small children from swallowing the blocks. These blocks are just like the Lego type blocks but a little less expensive.

I got the Mega Bloks for my grandchildren who always have to be doing something with their hands. The blocks proved to be a good

solution at times, but for the most part, the blocks ended up sitting in the bag without being used too often. Every now and then, the kids will get them out to play with them, but they would much rather being doing ten million other things instead. I did like the fact that the blocks were so big because if the kids missed one when they were cleaning up, I didn’t have to worry about stepping on one and those little blocks can be very painful to step on. I also liked the idea that the blocks could help the kids build motor skills important to everyday life. I had to encourage them to play with them though. It was very rare that the children would play with the blocks unless I pulled them out and started playing with them myself. Then they were all for joining in. Sometimes it just takes a little encouragement.

I probably would buy the blocks again because I think that all children should have these as a learning and development tool. They don’t get played with nearly often enough, but they didn’t cost that much to begin with so I still got my money’s worth from them. I have ...

• Mega Bloks 80 piece Maxi Block Bag
      to make sure when the kids are done playing with them that they put them back in the bag, but that isn’t too much trouble because we make it a game when it is clean up time. They love cleaning up after themselves.

I would recommend the building blocks for all children for the learning benefits. It is likely that you will have to use the same type of encouragement that I use with my grandchildren to get them to play with them though. This can be a little time consuming, but it is important to spend that kind of time with your

kids anyway. You don’t have to play with the blocks with the children everyday, but it is a great way to get them into building something with them. I would recommend that you use the same clean up method as I do though by making clean up time fun for them. It will be fun to see how much the kids love to clean up their building blocks after they are done playing. Kids can make anything into a game or can be encouraged to think of anything as fun. They just hear that things aren’t fun and decide they would rather not do it.

Mega Bloks 80 piece Maxi Block Bag
Ciara Gale says :

re : I would recommend the building blocks for all children for the learning benefits
I had these blocks as a child and they helped me with my creative side. Now I am an artist and an author and I have done well in school. My brother played with these blocks and now he loves math and is good at it. Coincidence?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2818101300330131/k2311a1018/10.18.10