Carmex For Cold Sores
  • It would have been wonderful if the medicine did in fact make having cold sores a more tolerable and less distracting, but unfortunately, my experience with this topical medication resulted in no noticeable improvement when it came to the discomfort caused by the cold sore and the healing rate of the cold sore
  • For ten dollars, I thought I'd give this medication a try, but I unfortunately only found it to be a disappointment
  • I thus won't be touching this medication ever again and wouldn't enthusiastically recommend it to those that I know that suffer from cold sores as well because I wouldn't know if the medication might react better for them or not

• by CirclingCanvas

Carmex For Cold Sores is a medicine that is supposed to be applied directly over the area affected by a cold sore. It’s intended purpose is to deliver relief and make having a cold sore more tolerable and less distracting. It would have been wonderful if the medicine did in fact make having cold sores a more tolerable and less distracting, but unfortunately, my experience with this topical medication resulted in no noticeable improvement when it came to the discomfort caused by the cold sore and the healing rate of the cold sore. When I get a cold sore, it really makes me wish that I could just go to sleep for a couple of weeks and wake up when the cold sore has fully healed and gone away. It just hurts quite a lot to even eat or even talk at times. That’s why I was looking for something that might give me

some relief from the discomfort caused by a cold sore. For ten dollars, I thought I’d give this medication a try, but I unfortunately only found it to be a disappointment.

I applied the medication to the cold sore as directed and the medication didn’t seem to do anything other than disappear. The discomfort caused by the cold sore still shot through me at times and the cold sore didn’t seem to heal any quicker with me putting this medication over it. It turned out to be a real letdown as it was like I wasn’t even doing anything to try and rid myself of the persistent cold sore. At least some of the other cold sore medications I had tried in the past, like the Nexcare Cold Sore Treatment medication, provided some relief even if the relief was minor. This medication though seemed to do nothing for me.

Cold sores may not hurt

much when I’m not smiling, talking, eating, drinking, sneezing or yawning, but if I do one of the aforementioned things, I end up feeling pain usually. This medication was supposed to ease the pain that a cold sore caused so that I could smile when I wanted or not fear yawning as much. Even after multiple applications over the course of several days, I still seemed to feel pretty much the same degree of pain when I talked and when I sneezed. The medication didn’t neutralize the pain or at least conceal it to an extent, and when it failed to do that, I had a feeling it wasn’t going to heal up my cold sore any faster than normal. Sadly, I turned out to be right and this medication didn’t do much to help the healing process along. The cold sore didn’t visibly show signs of improvement when I was using this medication ...

• Carmex For Cold Sores
      and apparently underneath the sore, not a whole lot of healing was going on either because the cold sore ultimately stuck around for almost fourteen days before it really started to go away. Around ten to fourteen days seems to be how long a cold sore tends to last for me, so this medication obviously didn’t provide any significant healing help. The cold sore merely healed and went away on its own, and I didn’t need to spend ten dollars and take several minutes out of my day everyday to apply this medication for that to happen, so I basically just wasted money and time with this medication and ended up accomplishing nothing for my efforts. By the time the cold sore was gone, I wasn’t so much mad over the medication not working as I was relieved and happy that another cold sore was done and over with for now.

This cold sore

medication simply didn’t work at all for me. Now perhaps, for other individuals out there, this cold sore medication may prove to be beneficial and worth every cent because different individuals react to different medications differently. I may have simply been one of the unfortunate it ones that tried the medication only to receive no positive results. I thus won’t be touching this medication ever again and wouldn’t enthusiastically recommend it to those that I know that suffer from cold sores as well because I wouldn’t know if the medication might react better for them or not. Medication can be funny like that. I though am rating this medication a “1″ because using it was like using nothing only with the added negative consequence of me being out ten dollars and me also being out those minutes I took every day to apply the medication in the hopes that it would work and ease my discomfort, which simply didn’t happen.

Carmex For Cold Sores

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2618101300181231/k2311a1018/10.18.10